2004 Ford Expedition XLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Not BAD!!
By TCOX on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I look at all of the SUV's and settled on the Ford. Not bad I have been please I'm currently looking to upgrade to the Eddie Bauer.

Expedition review
By john doe on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought the new Expidition after getting sick of our Hummer. Although it isn't as fast it gets twice the gass mileage and rides nearly the same. We got a totally base Expition for $25,000. Less than half of our hummer. The Hummer isn't worht the money and the expition is just a basic navigator, it rides just as well.

I love my Expedition
By P. Gardner on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I know my car is not the best in fuel mileage, but we use it for our business (we have a dredging company) and it hauls our equipment, our RV when we need it when working out of town. I have used it to pull the truck attached to the tool trailer or the equipment up hills when they would not make it on their own. It is unfailingly reliable and wonderfully comfortable to drive. I have never had a car that I liked more. It is luxurious inside and has a short turning radius, making it very manuverable. I cannot think of anything that I do not like about this car.

Best Bang for your Buck
By robby on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

If your looking at the Explorer, Envoy, or the Trailblazer STOP. After looking at those cars I stumbled upon the newly designed Expedition. I climbed in, test drove it and never bothered going back to looking at those smaller SUV's. All the comfort and space for an extra couple of thousand. I don't think I can out grow it any time soon!

Expedition Review
By JLinn on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The Expedition 5.4V8 is powerful and when towing our 2500 lbs. camper you don't even feel it. The ride solid, quiet and very smooth over rough roads. I really like the interior space, layout and appearence. It blows the competition away. The brakes are very strong and provides great stopping even with the 2500 lbs. camper on the back. I test drove all the other big SUVs prior to our purchace, Toyota, GMC, Chevy, etc. prior to our purchace.

THE FUN CAR
By Virginia Cobarrubias on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a very nice and comfortable vehicle it has my kids and my approval. i also think that it will be a very faithful and dependable SUV.

EB Expedition
By A P on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Solid feel and excellent ride. Wheels picked up/showed break dust but fixed with the addition of Kleenwheels. Gas mileage is a little better than expected (18.5 Hwy & 15.2 Local). Makes long trips easy

ASIAN MARKET SHOULD BE STUDIED
By RAMON MAGSAYSAY on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

THE EXPEDITION IS A MUCH SOUGHT-AFTER SUV. FORD SHOULD CONFIGURE FACTORS SUCH AS ECONOMY, TORQUE, ETC.(ENGINEERIGNG) WITH INTERIORS. CAPTAIN'S CHAIR SHOULD BE MADE AVAILABLE. 6 CD CHANGER SHOULD BE STANDARD. AND HEADREST MORE ATTENTION AS HEIGHT IS TOO HIGH FOR SMALL 5'2" DRIVERS. SUV'S ARE CONSIDERED SAFER SO THEY ARE USED AS EXECUTIVE VEHICLES, THUS IT IS VITAL FOR FORD TO RETROFIT MODELS AS EXECUTIVE VEHICLES. OTHERWISE EXPEDITION IS A RELIABLE VEHICLE AND I AM ON MY THIRD MODEL, TURNING OVER OLDER ONES TO SOME OF OUR SENIOR EXECUTIVES WHO GLADLY PAY FOR THESE KNOWING THE MAINTENANCE IS GOOD.