2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: 3 Year Review

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

XLS 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

3 Year Review
By Mr. Rick on

2004 Ford Expedition XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this Expedition for 3 yrs and it now has 61k. Overall I am happy with my Expedition especially when the weather here in Michigan get rough. The biggest improvement I did was replacing the OEM Continental TR's with Michelin LTX A/T's a few thousand miles ago. I wished I did this years ago. It makes the Expedition ride like a completely better vehicle. I would also definitely recommend buying a extended warranty for any issue that creeps up. I've had to have the rear end rebuilt (whining), a brake caliper replaced, a transfer case leak fixed, lower ball joints replaced, & an idler pulley replaced. These were small nuisances but I've seen worst from other makes and models.

Commanding view of the road. The massive presence it leaves when parked next to other vehicles. It's a great looking vehicle, The seats are very comfortable, room for the 6 of us, the way it handles snow and foul weather, and the way it lights up the road at night.

Make Michelin's standard, as for anything else Ford improves these vehicles every model year. BUT starting in 05 Ford ditched the throttle cable and added drive by wire which leaves the driver disconnected from the vehicle. There is a 1/2second lag time in the gas pedal