2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: 2nd One, and Loving It

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

XLS 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

2nd One, and Loving It

2004 Ford Expedition XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Eddie Bauer 4x4. I haven't had a problem with this SUV, and I would recommend it to anyone. It has more torque than GM's, but less horsepower; translated, tows more but won't win a light to light. Who wants to race something this big anyway? I have used it to tow 5 or 6 cars to the crusher...I couldn't tell they were even behind me. There is also plenty of ground clearance, incase you want to hop a curb or two. Tire Pressure Monitoring System really, really works too! Headlight illumination well above average...brights light up the horizon and foggers do their job. Powerfold 3rd row a plus, especially on rainy days when you need the extra room. DVD system great for kids!!

I think that the list topping feature for this vehicle for me is the heated/cooled front seats. My roommate always wants to travel in the Expedition in the summer, because it keep the crack cool. Her usually sticks to his Yukon in the winter because it has bun warmers!

The only complaint is MPG, hence the 8519 annual avarage for the one I own. More horsepower with improved fuel economy would make me trade the one I have for the latest and greatest. Ford should look at GMC...they are leaving us in their dust!