Used 2004 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Red Power
By jolecopa

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We decided to buy a SUV because we wanted something more "Sporty" after driving a Ford Windstar for 8 years who I kept it as daily work car. The expedition so far has been an incredible good experience with powerful engine, comfort, roomy and beautiful looking shape. The only complaint is my kids doesn't want to go in my '97 Windstar anymore.

Favorite Features

The automatic door locking when start to drive, the 6 CD Changer and quality sound, plenty leg room for long driving travel, the power sunroof, folding seats are one of my favorites features.

Suggested Improvements

My biggest complaint is the elbow rest on the door. It's terrible hard and unpleasant after few minutes using it. The cushion on the top should be softer to feel more comfortable while driving.

Great Luxury SUV
By Steven, Kansas City

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had my 2004 E.B. Expedition for a month, but all I can say is what a great, luxurious and smooth riding large SUV. Who needs to pay the extra 15-20K for a Navigator. This one has it all. Very well done interior which looks great in the E.B. 2-tone tan colors. The ride is fantastic, like a luxury car. Very quiet. I am Averaging 15 MPG around town, which I don't think is too bad for a 6,000 pound vehicle. Can't wait to use the 4WD this winter and to tow my boat to the lake this summer. I definately recommend this vehicle to anyone needing to haul family, friends or things.

Favorite Features

heated and cooled seats, power 3rd seat, power vent windows

Suggested Improvements

another 50 HP and Chrome wheel option

Ford Suck
By pieceofcrap

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Could not be more Dissapointed with This truck. It rattles like crazy Ride sucks Overall quality is horriable Have 6 year old Pick-up that rides smoother. Paid 38k for a truck that I can't stand driving

Favorite Features

Size Cargo space

Suggested Improvements

Tighten everything/Improve quality

Fun for the whole family
By FGaustin

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

A lighter foot on the pedal and smoother acceleration for better gas mileage. On average I'm getting about 13m/gal. On long halls about 16.5m/gal. A feeling of modest luxury with a sense of practicality, so an active family of five and the dog can travel in comfort on those sking, biking and camping trips. And don't forget the entertainment center so while the boys play Game Cube, their sister listens to her favorite tunes.

Favorite Features

Versatility in cargo area. Smooth and secure feeling.

Suggested Improvements

I think that in the future Ford should consider a diesel version for better gas mileage. Maybe when US meets EU's standarts in diesel fuel!

Expedition
By Luis C,

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle has been reliable, comfortable. It has a wonderful turning ratio, a good sound system and an overall smooth ride.

Favorite Features

Turning ratio, and interior comfort.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see an improvement in gas mileage, and perhaps a BOSE sound system.