Used 2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

SUV for eveything & towing
By 2 Lane Blk Top

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've had the Eddy for 19 months with no problems. I down graded from the Excurion with V10. We love the styling and options, it loaded without side curtains and Navigation. The seating is perfect for 8 adults. We have two kids 18 and 14. Camping and long trips are a breeze. We tow a 9,000 Travel Trailer, with little effort, but the Excution was better. But with the air dam on the Eddy its not problem.

Favorite Features

A/C seats and fold down auto seats!

Suggested Improvements

Power need more, needs a V10 or Big Block. I added ram air and Gibson Exhaust. Getting 14.9 HWY and 12.6 city. Towing trailer 11!

DEPENDABILITY AND COMFORT
By RON/DEB

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

WE JUST TRAILERED OUR MOTORCYCLE TO CONN FOR A 2 WEEK VAC AND WITHOUT A DOUBT,DRIVING IN OUR EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION WAS A BLAST.

Favorite Features

DUAL AC,CAPTAINS CHAAIRS W LUMBAR,ROOMINESS,MUSIC SYSTEM

Suggested Improvements

SOMEONE TO DRIVE IT FOR ME, AS THE WIFE AND I COULD ENJOY THE DVD

3rd Expedition
By Andy Franco

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Expedition. Had a 98 & 01. None ever require repair other than recalls (lug nut 98 & seatbelt 01). As much as we loved the first two, the 04 is more than 2x better. My wife loves driving it as much (or more) than her BMW 328 convertible. On recent trip from Dallas to Vegas, got 16mpg going (against the wind) and almost 18 on return. The only thing we miss is the cupholders in the dash which must have been sacrificed for the in-dash CD changer. Ford seems to have thought of everything. We especially like sliding center rear seat for granchildrens car seat. My wife doesn't like not being able to see outside temp.

Favorite Features

Sliding center rear seat. Larger side view mirrors. In dash CD changer. Power fold 3rd row seats.

Suggested Improvements

In dash cup holders (ones in doors are useless while driving). Interior temp indicator.

Love this SUV!!
By agil

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Handles very well for it's large size. Very similar to driving a Town Car. Good overall power. Good towing capacity. Very smooth, comfortable ride. Overall great SUV.

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior. DVD and reverse sensing system are nice features.

Suggested Improvements

None. Ford - keep up the good work!

Red Power
By jolecopa

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We decided to buy a SUV because we wanted something more "Sporty" after driving a Ford Windstar for 8 years who I kept it as daily work car. The expedition so far has been an incredible good experience with powerful engine, comfort, roomy and beautiful looking shape. The only complaint is my kids doesn't want to go in my '97 Windstar anymore.

Favorite Features

The automatic door locking when start to drive, the 6 CD Changer and quality sound, plenty leg room for long driving travel, the power sunroof, folding seats are one of my favorites features.

Suggested Improvements

My biggest complaint is the elbow rest on the door. It's terrible hard and unpleasant after few minutes using it. The cushion on the top should be softer to feel more comfortable while driving.