Used 2004 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Love my Expedition
By Bob17

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We just love our Expedition! Tons of room, lots of features, really great!

Interior comfort, seating, and fold- down seating.

Front grill could be less massive, prettier.

Rattles galore, brake dust king!
By wilbur274

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Outside appearance is nicer than the older style, sits lower and feels tighter on the road. It does, however have it's share of rattles and squeaks, something totally unacceptable for a vehicle in this price range. Specifically, the dash, rear window, and tha passenger door window vibrates at highway speeds. Can't tell you what Ford uses on the front brake pads but it's garbage! The brake dust on these trucks is brutal! Funny,they don't acknowledge it as being a problem. I changed pads with 10,000 miles, how bad is that? Finally, the middle row seat needs to recline with the outter two. Ever have kids fighting over seats Ford?

Power fold down rear seats are great. Heat and air cooled seats, nice touch!

Make a $46,000 vehicle ride nice and quiet and tighten up a bit on the noises...sheeeesh! Brake Dust, Brake Dust, Brake Dust,,,get it?

Expedition Rocks!
By Homegrown808

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my Expedition for only 8 months now and I love it! I like it's solid feel and roominess. Living in Hawaii, my family and I have been up to the mountains and down to the sea with complete satisfaction! Plan to keep it for a long time!

Massive cargo space, solid but comfortable suspension.

Stereo system could have been better. They could've used less plastic and more metal on exterior body.

SUV for eveything & towing
By 2 Lane Blk Top

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've had the Eddy for 19 months with no problems. I down graded from the Excurion with V10. We love the styling and options, it loaded without side curtains and Navigation. The seating is perfect for 8 adults. We have two kids 18 and 14. Camping and long trips are a breeze. We tow a 9,000 Travel Trailer, with little effort, but the Excution was better. But with the air dam on the Eddy its not problem.

A/C seats and fold down auto seats!

Power need more, needs a V10 or Big Block. I added ram air and Gibson Exhaust. Getting 14.9 HWY and 12.6 city. Towing trailer 11!

Owner
By Joan240177

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Our Expedition Has been the most comfortable auto ever to drive or ride in as a passenger. We have had to drive from Fl. to Maine quite a few times. Never have had any troubles even when we had 700 + miles on black ice and snow. The manuvering into parking etc. have never been a problem, all like a charm. We will trade for the same type and model again.

Riding so very comfortable, the suspension is terrific. Very pleasing to the eye interior and exterior.Handles so well, very good vision and like the safety of sitting so high. The driving lights are excellent. We rate this as excellent

The only improvement I can think of is the second row seats to fold down into the floor.