Used 2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Buy Something Else - It's Crap!
By Cathy I.

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The only thing I liked about this truck was the warning sensors for how close you are to objects when you back up. Other than that, I don't see myself buying another Ford Expedition (or Ford Anything) for a long time. I'm glad I bought it - Easier to get rid of it when you own it. I've only had it for about a year and it feels like it's going to break down already. So many things squeak and there are so many interior noises that it makes the truck seem cheaply made and unsafe. Ford does have a wide variety of models to choose from but I'd have to guess that one model is as bad as the next. On a positive note - the horn works well?

Warning sensors for backing up - they chime more and more as you get closer to an object. They do pick up almost any object too - which is nice. Ford even made it so the stereo automatically lowers so you can hear the chime too - nice touch.

Too much to list! Start with better parts and a new plant. Hire workers that care about quality.

Love my Expedition
By Bob17

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We just love our Expedition! Tons of room, lots of features, really great!

Interior comfort, seating, and fold- down seating.

Front grill could be less massive, prettier.

Expedition Rocks!
By Homegrown808

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my Expedition for only 8 months now and I love it! I like it's solid feel and roominess. Living in Hawaii, my family and I have been up to the mountains and down to the sea with complete satisfaction! Plan to keep it for a long time!

Massive cargo space, solid but comfortable suspension.

Stereo system could have been better. They could've used less plastic and more metal on exterior body.

Rattles galore, brake dust king!
By wilbur274

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Outside appearance is nicer than the older style, sits lower and feels tighter on the road. It does, however have it's share of rattles and squeaks, something totally unacceptable for a vehicle in this price range. Specifically, the dash, rear window, and tha passenger door window vibrates at highway speeds. Can't tell you what Ford uses on the front brake pads but it's garbage! The brake dust on these trucks is brutal! Funny,they don't acknowledge it as being a problem. I changed pads with 10,000 miles, how bad is that? Finally, the middle row seat needs to recline with the outter two. Ever have kids fighting over seats Ford?

Power fold down rear seats are great. Heat and air cooled seats, nice touch!

Make a $46,000 vehicle ride nice and quiet and tighten up a bit on the noises...sheeeesh! Brake Dust, Brake Dust, Brake Dust,,,get it?

Owner
By Joan240177

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Our Expedition Has been the most comfortable auto ever to drive or ride in as a passenger. We have had to drive from Fl. to Maine quite a few times. Never have had any troubles even when we had 700 + miles on black ice and snow. The manuvering into parking etc. have never been a problem, all like a charm. We will trade for the same type and model again.

Riding so very comfortable, the suspension is terrific. Very pleasing to the eye interior and exterior.Handles so well, very good vision and like the safety of sitting so high. The driving lights are excellent. We rate this as excellent

The only improvement I can think of is the second row seats to fold down into the floor.

• SUV