Used 2004 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Wonderful Driving Experience
By William R. Doebler

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I first purchsed a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT and was so impressed that I decided to upgrade to the Expedition. It is larger overall than the Explorer and sits higher off the road. I can't get over the field of view you get with the Expedition. These 2 Fords are the first American manufactured automobiles I have owned since my 1967 Pontiac Firebird and it is a wonderful experience.

the Electro...rearview mirror is great the electric powered 3rd row seats fog/driving lights

a wider running board would be nice

I Would Buy Another One
By Brian Souter

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have two children and already own a F250 that has been great but needed an SUV. The Epedition was the last one me and my wife looked at and its the one we bought we love it. The ride it great and power is very smooth and quite. There is more than ample room. We have several motorcyles and a waverunner and there has been plenty of power to pull both even up hills. This is this best SUV in its class. Buy the 5.4L V8 its the only way to go with an SUV of this size.

The Electric operated fold down third row seats. Engine and Powertrain. The interior styling. The front Capt chairs.

None. Its perfect the way that it is.

Like no other
By Overjoyed

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for a year and absolutely love it, still. With two kids its perfect for traveling. I looked at Toyota, Land Rover,GMC, Acura but pound for pound you can't beat Ford. I have all options except Nav & Autotrac. My only complaints are the bottom of the drivers seat wears on the edge from getting in/out of the truck and the brake dust (plan to get ceramic pads to take care of this) Mileage is only about 13.4 city and 14.5 highway but I didn't get this vehicle for the mileage. I will be pulling a boat in April and can't wait. Also plan on buying another in June 05 with Nav to replace it just for the heck of it.

DVD, Power of the 5.4 (wouldn't get the 4.6), powerfold seats, room, room, room, fun to drive.

DVD based Navigation, solve the brake dust problem.

As good as I expected
By George Heimur

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I researched all of the SUV's and this one is the largest and most luxurious. Cheaper than others with more and better features. Bought on 4/30/2004. 2 small problems, One with an interior light and the other with the power seat getting stuck on occasion. Dealer has ordered part. Everything else is great. Mileage is what I expected about 12 around town and have seen 15.5 on the Highway. Car has 1800 miles on it and Mileage should improve especially on a long trip, Truck feels heavy Duty and luxurious

A/C seats, EZ exit seat option, flexibility of fold down seating, As luxurious as any car out there. Large console storage box. Steering wheel controls for radio. Dual A/C controls to control wife nagging

Since I don't need the car for towing but occasionally need passenger and cargo room a High MPG option should be made available. Everything else is great

Buy Something Else - It's Crap!
By Cathy I.

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The only thing I liked about this truck was the warning sensors for how close you are to objects when you back up. Other than that, I don't see myself buying another Ford Expedition (or Ford Anything) for a long time. I'm glad I bought it - Easier to get rid of it when you own it. I've only had it for about a year and it feels like it's going to break down already. So many things squeak and there are so many interior noises that it makes the truck seem cheaply made and unsafe. Ford does have a wide variety of models to choose from but I'd have to guess that one model is as bad as the next. On a positive note - the horn works well?

Warning sensors for backing up - they chime more and more as you get closer to an object. They do pick up almost any object too - which is nice. Ford even made it so the stereo automatically lowers so you can hear the chime too - nice touch.

Too much to list! Start with better parts and a new plant. Hire workers that care about quality.