Used 2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

It works good for me
By fordexpo

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this beast around 2008 with 22,000 miles on it for little of nothing, Did not want the four wheel drive but the price was to good to pass up, It is great but it does suck up the gas. I am always towing something and it is good for that and winters all wheel drive is cool. Now it is 2014 with only 70,000 miles on it running strong. If you can handle the gas mileage get on. I see many of them with well over 200,000 miles on them so it will last with regular maintance.

Allwheel drive, 5.4 V-8 large 28 gallon fuel tank, great sounding radio and CD player. Towing under 6000 pounds, moonroof, Eddie Bauer edition, Lots of room with seats always folded down in rear. Mine has an after market remote start great for winters. It is the last SUV I will ever own as it will last me many more years and I will not get rid of it. We now only use it for ICE, Towing and moving crap around

Tighter fitting moonroof, better quality leather and beeter quality stearing wheel covering that stains as it gets older. Better undercoating as mine can from up north so I spent a lot of time coating the underside before it rots away. It even rotted the rear steel brake line, Poor qaulity on this one no undercoating.

Love my Expedition xlt
By scotthe

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have reached 154000 miles now . This SUV has been almost flawless . It has been reliable not to have left us ever stranded . We have a 6 year old Daughter with special needs and now on hospice care. When we needed it for emergencys,trips to the hospitals 100 miles away 2 times a week . Run fast and hard at times of emergency to get her to hospital fast to save her life . Not one problem with the Expedtion . Hopefully the right people will read this who might have the same situation as mine and buy this great built suv. Thank you Ford !

Everything

Nothing needed

Love my Expedition had it for atleast 7 years
By lihartke

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Had my expedition since 46K miles and now have 155k. Plan on driving her till she drops. Regularly maintained and have almost no unnexpected need for a mechanic. The only thing bad about her is the rear window wiper. The motor quit many moons ago. Windows roll up extremely slow for some reason. Heat and cooling work great and distribute wonderfully. Tows a 21 ft boat with ease. With regular maintenace hopefully, I'll get to 200k.

Love the form of the vehicle. She looks great. Not just a suburban truck with no style. Love the height of her from the ground. With the right tires she's a super quiet travelor. I would definitely buy one again. Use her for sports tournaments and for camping. Love the secure feeling of being in a large vehicle with a wide base when traveling on a highway.

Fix the motor wiper problem in the rear window. It is a COMMON problem. The running boards need more protection from rusting. Wish she had controls for the radio on the steering wheel like the pontiac transport. Arm rests for the driver for when using CC on long trips would be really nice.

Safest Car Ever
By rajkosman

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Expedition used with 20000 miles on it in 2006. I have enjoyed this vehicle every mile I've owned it. Unfortunately the other day I was rear ended by a commercial vehicle doing 45 mph. It was the end of the Expedition, but the quality of this vehicle saved my life. I would recommend this vehicle 100 times out of 100! Looking for a new one as we speak.

Safety first, comfort second. This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. My 2nd Expedition and certainly not my last.

Can't think of a thing.

One Tough SUV
By dogdude

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our Expedition after having a Chrysler Town and Country mini van. I'll tell ya what.... I dont know why we didnt just buy a Expedition in the first place! Awesome truck. We have 3 kids and two Labrador retrievers that go everywhere with us. We have so much more room than we did with with the van. We can also tow our 29ft. camper no problem or our ATV trailer with three ATVs. We bought it with 122,000 miles on it and are going on 150,000 with no problems. We get about 15 in town and as high as 20 on the highway. I have a F250 superduty too, but its sure nice to have the option to take the comfortable truck now when we pull something. I'd recommend one to anybody. Good solid truck!

Interior room, Horsepower, Quality built, Safety features, Great looking truck, Reliability.

I honestly cant think of anything except possibly a little better gas millage, but its a V8, and a bigger SUV, so I'm still pretty happy with 18.5 avg. mpg.

• SUV