Used 2004 Ford Expedition XLT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Love my Expedition had it for atleast 7 years
By lihartke

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Had my expedition since 46K miles and now have 155k. Plan on driving her till she drops. Regularly maintained and have almost no unnexpected need for a mechanic. The only thing bad about her is the rear window wiper. The motor quit many moons ago. Windows roll up extremely slow for some reason. Heat and cooling work great and distribute wonderfully. Tows a 21 ft boat with ease. With regular maintenace hopefully, I'll get to 200k.

Favorite Features

Love the form of the vehicle. She looks great. Not just a suburban truck with no style. Love the height of her from the ground. With the right tires she's a super quiet travelor. I would definitely buy one again. Use her for sports tournaments and for camping. Love the secure feeling of being in a large vehicle with a wide base when traveling on a highway.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the motor wiper problem in the rear window. It is a COMMON problem. The running boards need more protection from rusting. Wish she had controls for the radio on the steering wheel like the pontiac transport. Arm rests for the driver for when using CC on long trips would be really nice.

Loved my Escape, but my Expedition...Wow
By Beth Baker

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've always enjoyed driving an SUV. So when I traded in my Jeep Cherokee for a Ford Escape, it was a definite upgrade. Three years later, I traded IT for my Ford Expedition. Needed the space with three Labrador Retrievers and Two Businesses.....The truck pulls our boat and you don't even know the boat is back there. The power fold- down 3rd row is sooooo convenient....and the space is more than ample. Comfort and ride are complimented regularly by family and friends......You can't go wrong! Ford creates a WONDERFUL SUV!

Favorite Features

I enjoy the comfort of the ride. The 4- wheel independent suspension creates a terrific ride. The interior is cozy and plush. Choose the 5.4 over the 4.8 Litre motor....it's increased power is worth the upgrade, not sluggish at all. The fold-down 3rd row is sooooo handy!

Suggested Improvements

I love my truck the way it is. I really wouldn't change much at all.

Please fix the A/C
By rossjmak4

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

There is something not too good about the A/C on these things. I live in AZ and it just doesn't perfore well in the heat. Tried service, but told A/C was redesigned to limit engine drag. Too bad, cuz the best thing I can say about the A/C is that it SUCKS! Other than that rest of vehicle is great, thus the higher ratings.

Favorite Features

Rear folding seat, side curetain air bags.

Suggested Improvements

A/C, A/C, A/C!!!!!! Check with Chevrolet, they do A/C right.

I Would Buy Another One
By Brian Souter

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have two children and already own a F250 that has been great but needed an SUV. The Epedition was the last one me and my wife looked at and its the one we bought we love it. The ride it great and power is very smooth and quite. There is more than ample room. We have several motorcyles and a waverunner and there has been plenty of power to pull both even up hills. This is this best SUV in its class. Buy the 5.4L V8 its the only way to go with an SUV of this size.

Favorite Features

The Electric operated fold down third row seats. Engine and Powertrain. The interior styling. The front Capt chairs.

Suggested Improvements

None. Its perfect the way that it is.

THE Truck
By Mommy Dina

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

So far so good...I will another Ford Expedition.

Favorite Features

It's overall handling.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to improve on the plastics in the truck. Stronger and durable cup holders and outlets.Handles to the doors as well.