2004 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Safest Car Ever
By rajkosman on 02/16/12 18:39 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Expedition used with 20000 miles on it in 2006. I have enjoyed this vehicle every mile I've owned it. Unfortunately the other day I was rear ended by a commercial vehicle doing 45 mph. It was the end of the Expedition, but the quality of this vehicle saved my life. I would recommend this vehicle 100 times out of 100! Looking for a new one as we speak.

I call it a truck
By Vic on 08/13/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a working musician/bandleader. My band performs at upscale banquets and hi end country clubs,. we often work in tuxedos. I need a vehicle that is both presentable and functional. My Black expedition has served me well and I continue to be very pleased with it. I do however, I only have two comments. I don't need third row seats, I prefer not to pay for Leather seats that are berried under cargo. Give me the option of storage compartments in that area instead. My second comment is to provide some tie downs in the cargo area. Hopefully, Ford realizes that Expedition owners and drivers aren't all soccer moms.

Road Trip Warrior
By fourmonkeys on 01/08/09 11:38 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've owned our EB for about 2 1/2 years now and it has never dissappointed. It was comfortable with 4 kids in car seats and stuffed to the brim with a week's supply of stuff on a 4000 mile roundtrip. It's a good to and from vehicle, especially with a bunch of kids, pop in a DVD and go. And you can tow a 5000 trailer with ease, barely noticeable with the power of the 5.4.  An interesting side note, the front clip of a Cadillac Catera will fit in the back, with the seats folded down of course. I'll sell it when the wheels fall off, great do-whatever-you-need-to-do truck.

Good Truck ,Not reliable
By Brandon on 01/01/09 10:08 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Expedition, my other was an 03. While I do greatly apppreciate the interior design and roominess, the seats are not very supportive at all. My transmission went out at 60k miles, and I just put a new alternator in it. Now I am being told that the rear climate system needs a new motor. It thumps whenever you turn it on. It is just problem after problem with these Ford's and I heavily reccomend you not buy one. I am going to trade in my Expedition for an 04 Chevrolet Tahoe LT. My Expedition is beautiful solid black with the chrome exhaust, but is certainly not beauiful for my pocket book! Go with the more reliable, cheaper to fix, better re-sale value GM Suvs. You will thank me

Transmission Out at 66K
By JS on 09/10/07 19:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Heads up. From a stoplight going down a hill, it felt like I ran over two broomsticks. We then had no gears to run in. My wife and I pulled into a parking lot. I looked under the car, no fluid dripping out. All fluid levels checked OK (good and pink). After that, I tried to pull out, No reverse. I had no D gear and the only way I could drive was in 1 or 2. We drove to the dealer where we were told that a sump gear was broken. $2100 later, we have a rebuilt transmission. We will be in contact with the Ford Motor Corp. to try and recoup some money.

Excellent Surprise
By Tom Dillard on 03/27/06 20:11 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been an excellent surprise. It is comfortable is every seating position, quiet and totally reliable. The surprise is that it consistently gets over 20 mpg in highway travel. As a daily driver in town it drops to 16+. The secret is in keeping the tires at 34 or 35 psi. The ride is not soft, but the handling is responsive. I also find that, though no dragster, it is not a slouch. I get to check it out in the home city of the X5 that is rated so highly. This machine is more comfortable, has more room, hauls and pulls more and has more power than the X5. Now, if it would just keep the resale value....

TeeCee's Truck
By T. Alvarez on 03/14/06 07:53 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Expedition. I had been driving a Ford F250 or F350 for over 15 years when I decided I wanted something a little more like a car. I could not have picked a nicer, sweeter vehicle. I bought a 2 horse Sundowner trailer to pull behind it. It makes for a really nice rig.

Where's the Quality and Reliability?
By UnhappyOwner on 02/01/06 10:29 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 1997 Expedition for a new 2004 Eddie Bauer Expedition because of all of the improvements. While the new features and styling are great the build quality and reliability are terrible! In 2 years the differential has been rebuilt twice, the battery failed, one window motor failed, comfort seats (heat & a/c) failed, passenger mirror motor failed and has more rattles that a daycare. Now I've been told that the front brake rotors need to replaced because they are too thin at 20K! I called Ford and they said that they were not under warranty but the replacements had been "redesigned" to resolve this problem. They admitted that this was a design defect but it would not be covered or pro-rated.

Ford Expedition
By Mark Bliss on 01/30/06 18:11 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle fits my life perfectly. One of my favorite features is the power third row seat. Some days I have all the back seats folded down hauling gear. Other days, I need the third row seat for clients or friends. I drive about 40,000 miles per year, mostly highway. It's a comfortable ride. It is my second Expedition and probably not my last.

Ford
By Texas True on 01/25/06 17:19 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Reliable car designed for comfort. It is a great way to have a luxury car and durable truck all in one. Great amount of room for large families.