2004 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Frank's Expedition
By Frank Giron on 10/23/05 13:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased our Expedition at a Honda Dealership where we had taken our 2001 Honda Passport for an oil change, We had just returned from a fishing trip to the Sierra's and were very disappointed with the Passport's comfort zone, We purchased the Expedition with 30,000 miles on it; it had been traded in by the company who initially purchased it. We installed a trailer hitch and have pulled a 26 ft travel trailer from Orange County California to Havasu, Arizona with no problems. While I would have preferred a little more horsepower I was very pleased in its performance climbing over mountain passes. It never heated up even while running the air conditioner and climbing. Comfort was great.

2004 expedition problem
By imaco on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

the clutch pak was loose after 4000 miles. could have been huge problem. growling noise when turning. dealer said many new ones were coming in for repair. faulty assembly at factory.

My first Ford.
By taralynn on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I used to drive a Jeep Wrangler and I was all about the 4 wheel dirve lift 35 inch tires all that. Well I sold it and got me an 04 Expedition and its great, not only did I get it for $24700 its proved very useful. Ive slept in it for days when it wouldnt stop raining while camping out. It was about 10 grand less than a tahoe as well. with the same options, well it has one more the keypad on the door I leave my keys in my cars all the time but now I can lock it. I tend to loose my keys thats why I do that, and where I live not too many cars are stolen. But all in all I love my new expedition, my only regret is not getting the 4 wheel drive.

BIG&BAD
By FORDCK on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

GREAT RELIABLE SUV. A BARGIN IN THIS PRICE RANGE. ROOM FOR UP TO 9 PERSONS & YOU STILL HAVE CARGO ROOM. FORD SHOULD DO AWAY WITH THE EXTERIOR PLASTIC FOR A BETTER LOOK. IF FORD COULD GET BETTER MILAGE ON THIS MODEL IT WOULD BE AN EVEN BETTER SELL. GREAT PICK UP WITH THE POWERFUL V8,AND AS BIG AS IT IS EVEN SOMEONE LIKE ME AT 5 FEET TALL YOU CAN MAKE ALL THE ADJUSTMENTS TO MAKE IT A COMFORTABLE DRIVE. THE SIZE ALSO ADDS TO THE FEELING OF SAFETY, ESPECIALLY THE FACT THAT OU CAN SEE WAY AHEAD OF YOU.

affordable expedition
By RSAYERS on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great price, after rebates and advertised price I got it for under 23k less tax and liscence. Great for large families, hauls 9 people. Many standard features on base model. Super alternative to minivan when hauling a trailer is required.