Used 2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Expedition convert.
By Ivy Griffith

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

As a family with four kids, expecting our fifth, we needed to upgrade from our cramped Toyota Sienna minivan, and I am SO GLAD we went with the expedition. It's roomy, comfortable, practical, and stylish. Our van felt like driving a boat; it drifted in the road with typical minivan steering and got battered in the wind. Even though the Expedition is much bigger, the steering is WONDERFUL and we feel only the windiest days, barely. I feel safe driving my family around in this, and it handles like a dream in the rain. We bought it with 101k miles on it and will drive it until it dies. And then buy another! This family will never buy minivans again.

Favorite Features

Steering, maneuverability, size and quality.

Will Buy AGAIN!!!
By amazed7

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Ford Expedition with 3 miles on it. (New). I still have it today (2014) with 235,000 miles on it. She still does long distance. I faithly performed oil changes every 3000. The mechanic said his died at 335000 miles. Worth the money.

Would buy again!
By commuterguy

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought mine in 07 with 40k+and I am about to hit an amazing 200k. Now that isn't that amazing but considering I have spent very little money outside of normal wear ant tear repairs. Engine, transmission, Dvd player, heated and cooled seats, side mirror defrosters etc..... all work great It is 2014 and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. I am going to keep this truck until she dies!!

Favorite Features

All

Suggested Improvements

None

It works good for me
By fordexpo

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this beast around 2008 with 22,000 miles on it for little of nothing, Did not want the four wheel drive but the price was to good to pass up, It is great but it does suck up the gas. I am always towing something and it is good for that and winters all wheel drive is cool. Now it is 2014 with only 70,000 miles on it running strong. If you can handle the gas mileage get on. I see many of them with well over 200,000 miles on them so it will last with regular maintance.

Favorite Features

Allwheel drive, 5.4 V-8 large 28 gallon fuel tank, great sounding radio and CD player. Towing under 6000 pounds, moonroof, Eddie Bauer edition, Lots of room with seats always folded down in rear. Mine has an after market remote start great for winters. It is the last SUV I will ever own as it will last me many more years and I will not get rid of it. We now only use it for ICE, Towing and moving crap around

Suggested Improvements

Tighter fitting moonroof, better quality leather and beeter quality stearing wheel covering that stains as it gets older. Better undercoating as mine can from up north so I spent a lot of time coating the underside before it rots away. It even rotted the rear steel brake line, Poor qaulity on this one no undercoating.

Love my Expedition xlt
By scotthe

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have reached 154000 miles now . This SUV has been almost flawless . It has been reliable not to have left us ever stranded . We have a 6 year old Daughter with special needs and now on hospice care. When we needed it for emergencys,trips to the hospitals 100 miles away 2 times a week . Run fast and hard at times of emergency to get her to hospital fast to save her life . Not one problem with the Expedtion . Hopefully the right people will read this who might have the same situation as mine and buy this great built suv. Thank you Ford !

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Nothing needed