Used 2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

This Car is Great!
By Robert

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The MPG are pretty bad, but other than that, its a powerful car with great handling, a quality sound system, great options (including not only heated seats, but cooled seats as well,) and good looks for an older car.

Expedition convert.
By Ivy Griffith

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

As a family with four kids, expecting our fifth, we needed to upgrade from our cramped Toyota Sienna minivan, and I am SO GLAD we went with the expedition. It's roomy, comfortable, practical, and stylish. Our van felt like driving a boat; it drifted in the road with typical minivan steering and got battered in the wind. Even though the Expedition is much bigger, the steering is WONDERFUL and we feel only the windiest days, barely. I feel safe driving my family around in this, and it handles like a dream in the rain. We bought it with 101k miles on it and will drive it until it dies. And then buy another! This family will never buy minivans again.

Steering, maneuverability, size and quality.

Will Buy AGAIN!!!
By amazed7

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Ford Expedition with 3 miles on it. (New). I still have it today (2014) with 235,000 miles on it. She still does long distance. I faithly performed oil changes every 3000. The mechanic said his died at 335000 miles. Worth the money.

Best Ever Bolivia
By chainjp

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I live in LA Paz Bolivia and bought my 04 expedition on 07 with 70,000 miles. Now it has 162,000 and it just been crash twice really hard. Safety is the best issue with this summer. The roads are of the worst quality and the sun still feels really strong. It has never left me down or hanging and that is a plus five here in Bolivia. Traveled all over the country with absolutely no disappointment. I can really say ford Is built tough. I had even had to tow one of my other big truck uphill and it felt awesome for my truck to be able to do that. The best car ever!!!! I just wished it would keep a better value. But all the other pros outweigh the resale value. Just great

One Tough Truck

Resale valeue

Would buy again!
By commuterguy

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought mine in 07 with 40k+and I am about to hit an amazing 200k. Now that isn't that amazing but considering I have spent very little money outside of normal wear ant tear repairs. Engine, transmission, Dvd player, heated and cooled seats, side mirror defrosters etc..... all work great It is 2014 and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. I am going to keep this truck until she dies!!

All