2003 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: The most reliable Ford I've ev

2003 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

XLT Value 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

The most reliable Ford I've ever owned!
By Marz on

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Value 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have never been a big fan of domestic vehicles due to previous problems. I have a 2003 Ford Expedition with FX4 package, 5.4L V8, captain chairs in the middle, 3rd row seating, skid plates and tube bars all factory parts. I currently have 120,000+ miles on this vehicle and never, not even once have I had any repairs done on this truck. It has truly been rock solid since the day that I bought it. My only complaint is the fuel economy but its expected. I have a large family so needed something this size. But all in all, this has been my fav SUV and wouldn't trade it for anything.

5.4L V8, leather interior, middle row captain seating, adv track 4x4 and stability controls.

Better transmission. It's at 120K miles now and the tranny is starting to slip. Looking back at the notes the previous owner had the same trouble when he bought it brand new. Refine the 5.4L V8 just a little more towards economy.