Major Issues
By Barb on
2003 Ford Expedition XLT Popular 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I bought my truck new, with in the first month the power seat driver side stop working, the window arm bar driver side broke and cracked the glass, the tires was rubbing against the fenders, the coils on the cylinders all went bad back to back, i was left stranded a couple of times,the roof where the channels are at have major corrosion spots and when i put the transmission in drive i hear a loud "bang",I did tell the service manager about this everyone else heard it except him. So after all the kinks and fights was said and done and many years later i still have the love of my life my 2003 expedition with 52000 miles! and i am know a certified mechanic!
Favorite Features
the convenience of control panels, access under the hood, room for everyone and everything, third seat folded for extra storage.
Suggested Improvements
there a blind spots that could be improved, the roof channels need to be redesigned to prevent corrosion damage this includes the back hatch corrodes also due to water accumulation.
By smoo4asw
on 05/15/14 21:26 PM (PDT)

Our 2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab still has it's driver's side power seat (on the F-150 the back support and tilt are manual, but it power slides forwards and back) have not failed in going on 110,000 miles. We've had it since 108,550 and it's been working so well it's occasionally annoyed me (I once got it to push forward when I was simply trying to work on the fuse box under the driver's side of the dash, which then I had to push it back, which it did just as flawlessly. I am sorry you are disappointed in your Ford vehicle. I guess our Fords must like us because they only die when other people abuse them. I meant this as a sincere apology from a person who has not yet been disappointed with Ford (but then again we know what Ford vehicles of which model years to avoid, something that some people don't have.) As regards the coils on each cylinder, the shop manual from Haynes which covers that model year Expedition as well as our 2003 F-150 sits there and says that you have to replace all 8 ignition coils even if only one is bad or they will have a dismaying tendency to fail in series as you describe. I apologize I could not get this information to you sooner.