2003 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: Luv my Expedition

2003 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

XLT Value 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Luv my Expedition
By dgalben on

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Value Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV and I love it. The electric 3rd row seat is fabulous when I have to carry a bunch of children at a moment's notice. Also, the whole family can go on a road trip in ONE vehicle. Drives and handles like a dream. Great maneuverability in tight spaces, for an SUV. It does have some electrical quirks. The side view mirrors never keep their "favorite" settings. Also, when going in reverse, they will move so far down that the pavement is reflected. Clicking/thumping noise when the rear A/C is on. No one likes to replace the spark plugs because it takes so much labor (damn Triton engine). But overall, I will continue buying Expeditions as long as I can afford to.

beautiful design, cargo/seating space, sound system, heated/cooled seats, pretty body trim, steering/maneuverability, large side view mirrors.

Easier access to spark plugs, fix electrical quirks.
By arnold1190
on 07/11/13 17:52 PM (PDT)

The thumping noise coming from the rear a/c is being caused by your rear a/c actuator. If you replace this part which is located on passengers side in the rear behind the panel. You will need to remove the panel to access this but very easy to replace once you get to the part. This will take care of the problem just had it done and bingo like new no thumping and air blowing much better. Part runs around $50- $60.

By kiaforddriver
on 06/20/13 10:49 AM (PDT)

I thought I was the only one with these issues. Favorite settings and clicking/thumping noise (still happening even though the rear ac doesn't even blow cool air anymore). now having to change my alternator at 137K miles. This is my second for that I didn't take much care of after the extended warranty and it's still pretty good. i can't complain.