2003 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Surprised at some of the poor ratings
By jpw1138 on 12/29/06 10:57 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Value 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I guess I am lucky, but the only thing I have had to repair on this vehicle since purchased new were the actuators on the power door locks. Other than that, it has never seen the shop except for routine maintenance. I am sort of sorry I paid for the extended warranty because I don't think it is likely that I will need it. Very reliable car.

Excellent built vehicle. Flawless towing
By 03fordtime on 12/14/06 17:09 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I am the second owner of a 2003 year Expedition. This truck is all stock except it has 20 inch rims in the summer. It tows my 30 foot boat with a weight of about 11,000lbs including trailer. Drove 13 hours with it and no problems at all. This truck really is impressive, nothing has failed on it yet at 100,000 miles. Awesome build quality. Cosmetically it's great, engine runs like new. Vehicle is very safe and the stability control is an amazing feature. Could not be happier. All the friends love it too. Would recommend to anybody.

03 Expedition
By aharris on 08/26/06 10:02 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Car drives great. Very comfortable for the driver and passengers. Have taken in from coast to coast and distant places in between. For a family of 5, road trips go by quickly and comfortably.

Good family wagon
By Soccer Mom on 08/14/06 07:07 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

An excellent vehicle for family life. Loads of hauling space, third row seat lets you haul up to 7 with seat belts for all. Amazing turning radius makes for easy handling in parking lots. The big V8 option gives plenty of power albeit with low gas mileage

WATCH OUT!
By baby on 07/21/06 21:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After having my Expedition for 1 year I was driving down the road and it went completely dead. I almost got hit from behind. I went to start it up while in my garage and it wouldn't start. I have had this vehicle towed 2 times. I am scared of it. After driving down the freeway and having it just go completely dead with no power I am going to trade it in on a foreign suv. I cannot see out of the right back side; you are almost completely blind while you are driving it. It is really fun to drive and I hate to trade it in but I do not think it is dependable. The gas mileage is terrible; it cost me $54.00 to put premium in it. I have to fill up every week and half. Donít work. Stay at home.

I love this SUV!
By jenn on 06/22/06 18:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Value 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We got this SUV used in January of this year. The size of the truck is perfect for our family of 4. We recently went on a family road trip and had the space we needed for comfort and luggage. I would buy one again!

My first Expedition
By Stargazer on 06/07/06 18:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

If your considering buying an Expedition verses an Explorer - I would suggest the Expedition. The engine is much better than even the optional V8 on the Explorer (I noticed the difference towing a trailer). The windshield is much higher giving you better viewing. The third row seating has much more leg room. U-Haul will not rent to any vehicle with Explorer on it (ALL MODELS). The Expedition has all the room you could ever want and the power to tow.

Love my 2003 Eddie Bauer Expo
By Kelly1608 on 05/09/06 06:40 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned my truck for about 5 months and put about 6000 miles on it, and I really like the way it drives and performs. I tow a 20 foot boat with no problems. This is a first year early model and I have no complaints about build quality.

love my Expedition
By Kevin on 03/25/06 10:04 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck with room for 8 and plenty of power. Excellent fit and finish. Love the power 3rd seat and dvd entertainment center.

Average as Usual
By Another Ford Owner on 03/20/06 10:50 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice design but I learned never to purchase the first year after a remodel. Have had several things replaced that I would not expect to have replaced on a new vehicle. Dealer is so-so with their support. Would not replace the brake pads, but they replace the rotors once and resurfaced the rotors the second time. The problem was with the pads and after 25,000 miles, I replace the rotors and pads with Brembo rotors and ceramic pads. What a change. The brake dust is gone. Repaired a short in the system, front headlight seal was bad, replaced the steering wheel due to poor leather, the front seat replaced due to the wear of the leather. All in all, will trade in for a new one.