2003 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Electrical Nightmare
By Dan Saunders on 12/31/07 15:48 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Value 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The electrical system in this vehicle is the worst. The prior 1997 Expedition had similar problems. This was the last straw with Ford, we will never purchase another Ford vehicle again after continuously purchacing since 1983 and being nicled and dimed to death with problems. We will never recommended a Ford to anyone, in fact will recommend against Ford products!!!

One thing after another
By Go Aces on 11/16/07 15:31 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Two weeks after the purchase: Rear wiper no longer works Pax window didn't roll up. 2 coils had to be replaced four weeks after purchase: New battery. New alternator six weeks after purchase: "CD Error" on CD player This truck is more trouble than its worth. Why can't the local dealership fix it right. It seems they plan these breakdowns to get more money. One more thing goes wrong and I am selling the damn thing.

Barely Rolling Junk
By Dave on 10/25/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Expedition and by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I've replaced all 4 rotors 3 times, both outside mirrors twice, 6 of the eight coils, backup sensors, the DVD system and winshield wiper/washer control. Gas mileage is unbelieveable, (9 city 12 highway.) The trade in for this clunker says it all 8500. The thing has depreciated $35000 in four years, yet I've maintaned it by the book. Never again!

1st Ford and last!
By Jessica on 10/22/07 09:01 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Value 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first ford I have owned and will be the last. We purchased this car used 2 months ago and this is the 4th time it has been in the shop! First brakes and rattling, supposedly the rotors and brake pads were replaced but still extermly shakey. Twice the suv comepletly died on me while driving.I lost everything and had no power at all. Nearly was hit and had my children in the car! Now it is in the shop because cheap continental tires blew while driving 70 mph on the interstate and did extensive damage to the body of the car. I am fixing this suv and cutting my losses! there is no way I would ever endanger my family by putting them in this vehcile ever again! BEWARE!!!

Second Ford
By Vince on 08/18/07 20:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Value 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This has been my 2nd Ford which I purchased used. So far it has been a good vehicle. The only issue I have is with the CD changer and playing my pc created cds. I planned on changing the radio so this is not a big deal to me. The 03 has the same turning radius that my 98 Explorer had so its really no different in driving it. The rear sonar is a big help when backing up and parking.

So Far So Good
By DH on 08/18/07 08:39 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Value Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new. Was looking for large SUV versitile enough to haul people and stuff with good value. No major complaints, handles well. Very comfortable and great for long trips.

Tow the line
By August on 07/12/07 10:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We are the second owners, with just under 70,000 miles on it. I am only writing this to help someone choose an excellent tow vehicle. We tow a 22ft travel trailer all over illinois, packed full with kids, pets and camping stuff. Extremely pleased with power and comforts on the road. We had an Expedition with the smaller v8 and it was not nearly as pleasing when we hit the open road. Zero mechanical problems as of yet, but its still low mileage to me. If your going to tow do not undersize your SUV or truck. That will definitely take the pleasure out of your travel.

Holds a load
By ken on 05/29/07 16:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It will hold a large family with ease-6 grandchildren and a 10 yr. old daughter- no problem -I could not imagine owning a vehicle with out a DVD player. Gas mileage has been averaging about 16 mpg. I was rear ended by a compact vehicle last year, it just bounced off, left me with a scratched bumper which their insurance paid for

2003 Expedition EB 4x4
By david00army on 02/18/07 10:09 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love the truck however best gas mileage I can get with cruise control at 70 mph is 16 mpg. But it is very nice for long trips quite and living in the Netherlands I get a lot of looks because it is one of the biggest vehicles on the road in Europe besides the delivery trucks. However for the truck being a 2003 I still get people coming up and saying what a very nice looking vehicle so for my family counting me there are 6 and i still have room for 2 more so this room and comfort is unmatched.

Love My Expedition
By Pdupp on 01/09/07 09:40 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2003 Expedition Certified Pre-Owned in 2004 with ~31,000 miles on it. It felt, drove, and seemed just like new. Haven't had any problems with it. Love it still as of January 2007!