Used 2003 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

it "lugs" and it's tinny
By donvinnie

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I like almost everything about it except the 4.6 "lugs". It sounds like it's straining just to go up a slight hill, and it sounds tinny when you shut doors. Not solid sounding at all.

Suggested Improvements

more torque and body isulation

Vibrations
By Samuel L Orlando

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Popular Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I took this vehcle to the dealer on July 7, 2003 for vibrations at 45 to 50 mph. They checked front end alignment, tire balance, replaced rear end, drive shaft, u-joints and engine and the vehicle still has the vibrations. Ford has offered to replace the vehicle with a like model and forgive the mileage. I have submitted a request for arbitration under the Lemon Law. I have found that Customer Service from the corporate office, customer service and local dealer to be disgustingly indifferent.

Favorite Features

Size, comfort, interior exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the vibration problems and get rid of the Continental Tires.

Paint
By Karbs

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Has anybody else had their paint job come undone. The paint on the hood of my truck is flaking off after just three months. Also, the window rattles a bit after opening and closing it.

Favorite Features

You ride like a king on a throne

lovin' it
By kevsilb

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought a fully loaded Eddie Bauer Expedition and have already put 1000 miles on it in two weeks! It is much better than I even thought. I was between this and the Sequoia and chose the Expedition purely because of the fold flat power seat. Happy I did it and would recommend this truck over and over again.

Favorite Features

3rd row power seat; navigation; dvd

Suggested Improvements

nicer wheels

Had to get rid of!
By riders

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Hated to do it, but after numerous problems with the 4wheel drive not disengaging, I had to get rid of my vehicle. I loved that SUV, and had owned the first 1996, absolutely loved it, too. Very disappointed in Ford's "focus" on correcting my problem after my trying to resolve the situation since 2 weeks after I purchased. Only kept vehilce for 2 1/2 months! Regret the problems, and regret having to go to a GM product! Could not stand the brake dust all over wheels, and down side of truck...espcially a white one!

Favorite Features

Back up assist, lights on mirrors, interior room, factory DVD a plus, love the power 3rd row seat, good driving for such a large SUV

Suggested Improvements

Brake dust problem, better screen quality of DVD, cannot see from side passenger seats. Would have preferred better responses from FORD in correcting my problem with 4wheel drive system.