Used 2003 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Nice Big Camping Machine!
By Brad G.

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We love the commanding view of the road and the smooth ride. VERY comparable to the "Luxury SUV's". The interior is very luxurious with incredibly comfortable leather. The engine could be a little more powerful but it's a truck...how quick does it really need to be? It has plenty of power for towing but not as quick as others on the road.

Leather seats. DVD system has wireless head phones that make the ride so QUIET with kids. Lot's of room for camping equipment and the ability to get you to the site.

More powerful engine. Full economy (obviously). Could REALLY use power folding mirrors since the truck is so wide and most garages aren't.

If you want size
By Bond Trader

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great car/truck. Have put on 4,500 miles both in-town and on the road. Not one problem, fun to drive. Great room for a large family of big people. i am 6'4'', 300 lbs and find it the most comfortable ride i have experienced in 20 years (of course I wasn't 300 lbs all those years either).

Interior, especially the leg room in the third seat area.

More power, better gas milage. Just dreaming.

Airbags were the best
By Helicop

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I only owned it a month before it was totaled by a head on collision. We were stopped and the air bags deployed and saved us after God. Prior to that it was enjoyable to drive. I owned a 1999 and enjoyed it also, but the 2003 was the best. It was a real pleasure to drive. As soon as the insurance settles, I will own another.

Airbags, seat belts, and air conditioned seats. Next comes the back up warning and tilting rearview mirrors when in reverse.

Some other way for the cigarette lighter to be in the center console tray other than looking like a do it yourself project.Make the air suspension standard again.

Love it
By Mcke

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I am spoiled by my car. I love the new look of the 2003, the a/c seats, the dvd player, and the easy steering. It has more luxuries that I didn't know I needed. :) Very happy. Jenny

back up sensor, a/c seats, captain's chairs, dvd player, driver 1-2 options.

back up sensor needs a back up light system. Cadiallac Escalades have a 3-4 verticle row of lights and they light up the closer you get to an object. Can improve on too much. It's a wonderful vehicle. Spoil you rotten. :)

it "lugs" and it's tinny
By donvinnie

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I like almost everything about it except the 4.6 "lugs". It sounds like it's straining just to go up a slight hill, and it sounds tinny when you shut doors. Not solid sounding at all.

more torque and body isulation