2003 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Greatest SUV ever made
By guest@unknown.com on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The ride in unmatched and it is just the greatest SUV to date.

Give Me a Brake!
By BLee on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2003 EB Expedition is a wonderful vehicle! However, Ford does not seem to want to take responsibility for the poor brake design on these models. If you have ever noticed the excessive brake dust on the front wheels of many 03 Expeditions - it causes a problem with the pads and rotars. I was told by the mechanic at Ford dealer to keep my wheels cleaner and would not be a problem. I wash the car every week and seems to still be a problem. Perhaps, Ford should admit the errors of their ways and help out those that spend $35K+ on a "Luxury SUV".

Expedition
By dcsoine on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nice, comfortable ride. First year of new suspension.

Great SUV
By bishopthomas on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is great suv, however the 4.6 is a little sluggish, needs the 5.4. I work for Ford and I must say the quality is great. after driving the Navigator for 4 years, the EB is cheaper and just as nice, with the exception of a few features, found on the Nav.

Among the finest we've ever owned
By rodbwright on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've found the quality and comfort of our Expedition to be truly superior, even when compared to luxury class vehicles like BMW and Mercedes. We were drawn by it's new styling and added features, like the power fold- down rear seats and reverse warning. But after we purchased the vehicle, we really fell in love with it after taking some long trips and its superior ride and handling characteristics really became evident. We now have about 35,000 miles on it, yet it still seems like new. The leather and carpets are holding up very well, while wear to components like tires and brakes is excellent. We expect to keep the vehicle for several years.

5.4L 2WD EDDIE BAUER
By KDM on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Incredible full size SUV. I love the style inside and out, only the Navigator looks better. Extremely roomy with the amenities of a luxury vehicle. It handles very well. I feel safe driving it.

GREAT VEHICLE
By ROCKYW on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the in my opinion rates top in its class for comfort, reliability, and safety. We purchased this vehicle mostly because of safety features and reliability. The only thing I would change would be the engine size,when towing a large boat it could use a bit more power.I should have purchased the (5.4L) insted of the (4.6L).

Airbags were the best
By Helicop on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I only owned it a month before it was totaled by a head on collision. We were stopped and the air bags deployed and saved us after God. Prior to that it was enjoyable to drive. I owned a 1999 and enjoyed it also, but the 2003 was the best. It was a real pleasure to drive. As soon as the insurance settles, I will own another.

it's my second one
By 2 TIME OWNER/LOVER on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

MY RED EDDIE BAUER IS AWESOME! MY WIFE AND FAMILY LOVE IT. ALTHOUGH IT'S GAS MILEAGE SUCKS, IT HAS MANY SAFETY AND COMFORT DETAILS. THE DVD/TV KEEPS THE KIDS NICE AND QUITE. TAKE IT ON A LONG TRIP & YOU REALY APPRECIATE IT. I LEASED IT WHEN THE LEASING DEALS WERE NOT TOO GOOD. NOW THEY ARE GREAT. IT'S A LOOKER , HEADS TURN, IT'S SAFE AND COMFORTABLE AND VERSITLE.

Awesome SUV
By acarlos on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned our Exoedition for 9 months now and we are extremely overjoyed with it, we have gone to Vegas, Reno, L.A. and other places. We have not had one rough or uncomfortable ride. We added some after market TV's (4) with a DVD player to make the trip more enjoyable for our kids. They also love their truck and would not trade it for anything at all.