Used 2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Love My Expedition
By Pdupp

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2003 Expedition Certified Pre-Owned in 2004 with ~31,000 miles on it. It felt, drove, and seemed just like new. Haven't had any problems with it. Love it still as of January 2007!

On board computer, back-up sensor (saved my butt-literally-several times), auto climate control, power folding seats, driver seat memory, and many more.

Good family wagon
By Soccer Mom

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

An excellent vehicle for family life. Loads of hauling space, third row seat lets you haul up to 7 with seat belts for all. Amazing turning radius makes for easy handling in parking lots. The big V8 option gives plenty of power albeit with low gas mileage

Steering wheel controls, rear A/C controls, leather interior, good storage.

Better fuel economy.

WATCH OUT!
By baby

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After having my Expedition for 1 year I was driving down the road and it went completely dead. I almost got hit from behind. I went to start it up while in my garage and it wouldn't start. I have had this vehicle towed 2 times. I am scared of it. After driving down the freeway and having it just go completely dead with no power I am going to trade it in on a foreign suv. I cannot see out of the right back side; you are almost completely blind while you are driving it. It is really fun to drive and I hate to trade it in but I do not think it is dependable. The gas mileage is terrible; it cost me $54.00 to put premium in it. I have to fill up every week and half. Donít work. Stay at home.

DVD, roomy, love the third row seating.

Needs to be more dependable.

My first Expedition
By Stargazer

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

If your considering buying an Expedition verses an Explorer - I would suggest the Expedition. The engine is much better than even the optional V8 on the Explorer (I noticed the difference towing a trailer). The windshield is much higher giving you better viewing. The third row seating has much more leg room. U-Haul will not rent to any vehicle with Explorer on it (ALL MODELS). The Expedition has all the room you could ever want and the power to tow.

Engine rocks. RMPs run lower than the' 02 F150 (V8 5.4) that I used to own. It is also much quieter! A/C is much better (compared to '02 F150 and '05 Explorer). Towing package is GREAT! The 7 pin connector is in a great location and is welded into place.

Add a slide cover to connect the 3rd row fold down to the 2nd row fold down. I would like to seat adjustable head rests on the front seats to include a way to tilt the head rest forward. The mirror turn signals need to be changed to LEDs. Add storage areas in the middle and rear.

Eddie Bauer Expedition - Great Vehicle!
By rsilva

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2003 Ford Eddie Bauer Expedition is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned (out of 20+ vehicles lifetime purchases). The ride is smooth, power & acceleration is plentiful, and comfort/amenities are a treat. I put all 33k miles on it since purchased new and I've never had maintenance problems. After recent tire replacement with Michelin, the ride even got better ... it's a keeper!

Electronic memory driver seat & rear view mirrors settings, rear object detection devices (great for safety and reverse parking), DVD/video Game player (a must for long trips with kids).

I miss playing my cassettes; only came equipped with CD/DVD/radio player.