2003 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Love My Ford!
By Rin Tin Tin on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutely impressed with my truck.Looks much better than Escalade.Runs and rides smooth and quiet.Fit and finish is superb.No rattles,everything is solid.Has all the gadgets and all the gadgets work well.Sold my F-150 with 245,000(original engine, trans., and rear-end)to purchase 2003 Expedition.I think I have another great Ford on my hands.Sold 1988 F-150 for $3,500, still running great.Mechanic checked compression and said all of truck still great.Friend just traded in a 2001 Dodge with broken engine(for ANOTHER DODGE!)Suckers can have their Dodges.I want nothing but a Ford,thank you.A Chevy might do if Ford didn't exist.Thank God Ford does exist!

The Machine of all Machines
By Curtiss on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was floored to note the quality that Ford has put into the 2003 Expedition. Quite, fast, and built for a large group. I don't think you could ask for more. Gas consumption is a different matter as it's getting just under 18MPG on the open highway, but the old saying is, you get what you pay for. As for me, I paid a fair price and got a better than normal product.

The best vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By The high performance on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The 2003 Expedition is the best truck/SUV ever.The fuel economy is the only bad thing. The Expedition can do basicly anything off-road and on-road! It has power and stability!Don't even think about the Explorer.It is too small and has a very poor engine!Trust me the 2003 Expedition is the right vehicle for everybody!Excellent safety!

Superb minivan-and-suv
By familydude on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Better than Sequoia in initial quality (see JD Powers ratings). Only full size SUV with 5 star crash ratings & safety canopy. Cool folding seats. Very quiet & luxirous ride -- better than some overpriced cars. Lousy mileage. Had 1 rattle that got fixed promptly. Ford wants to charge extra for a better alarm -- hate the upselling for a $43,000-MSRP vehicle !!

it is not reliable!
By deryne on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Popular 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

the expedition is an ok car. it is real hard to find a spot because it is so big and there is not alot of room in the back row

We love it
By rvbaugh on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We've had a week, and its been great. We love the safe feeling and the comfort we now ride in. It's large enough for my 6 ft 6 husband to ride in 2nd seat.

This is a big step up... By Bobby C
By cripler10 on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT FX4 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a lot better than it's predecessor. The improved styling is really nice. The interior comfort has really been increased and it is a lot more functional.

Best of Class
By Frank Smith on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my 2003 expedition EB about two weeks. I traded a 1999 expedition EB which I loved. The 2003 no longer has that truck ride, feel, or comfort. No flaws at this point. Gas mileage still a little weak. I have all the options and the DVD is nice but blocks your rear mirror view, in the seat like Cad would be better. I would rate this car a 9++ and I have owned many different brands and types.

Finally, a thought-out SUV
By Neptune on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Priced my XLT Premium 4X2 4.6L using Edmunds, and ended up with perhaps the best, easiest, and fastest buying experience I'll have for a long time. After 4 months of waiting on our special-ordered 02 Honda Odyssey, the 03 Expy rolled out and it was the next best buy (better?) after researching it. 2nd & 3rd row seats fold flat, standard towing, BIG engine, lots of room, highly competitive, price-wise and feature-wise, against any minivan on the market. Even side running boards are standard. Fuel Consumption? Check rates on 03 Expy XLT Prem 4X2 4.6L versus 02 Honda Osyssey EXL-RES, and what you pay in gas you save on insurance. EVEN TRADE OFFS.

Realistic review.....
By desi on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

A nice combination of minivan & luxury car inside. Compared to some "luxury" SUVs, the full size, upper end offerings from Toyota, GM & Ford are all quite decent. We like the heated / cooled seats, DVD, etc. Crash test ratings are better than Toy/GM models -- excepting for probably a high rollover tendency all SUVs have. Also, initial quality survey for 2 years is better than Toyota's. The electronic stability system (AdvanceTrac) -- which is a bit tough to find in 2WD models. Overall, excellent value for the money (as far as overpriced, full sized SUVs go) & probably appealing to people who hate minivans. Buy the 4X2 if you will not go off road.