2003 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Love It!
By Bigman on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Our previous SUV was a '97 Tahoe LT. We test drove the '03 Tahoe and Suburban. 5 years ago the EXPY didn't hold a candle to the Tahoe, now its the other way around. The comfort of the interior and design engineering of the EXPY are GREAT! I thought the interior of the Tahoe was pretty confining and "cheesy".

Sweet
By Lunaticz on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

cant compare to anything out in the market even if fords do suck the expedition seems like it is not connected to the ford company because it is one of a kind, i was more of a yukon person but the 2003 eddie bauer was top of the line even a little better than the escalade even though the escalade looks nicer but the expo is tight

Lemon Alert!
By Highly Dissatisfied! on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We conducted extensive research and fell in love with this vehicle -- then we brought it home. The dealer installed DVD system fell out of the ceiling after two repair attempts. The next week the interior flooded due to a defective AC drain hose, and this weekend it wouldn't start - totally dead. We went to pick it up tonight, and now the power seats are not working. The cigarette lighter stopped powering our cell phone, and the preset buttons are not functioning. And,the windshield antenna won't pick up any radio stations unless you're in the middle of a metro area. We've had this SUV six weeks, but the dealer has had it more often than we have.

Safest Full Size Sport Utility
By Jsoko1 on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Previously had a 2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, until I was hit by an uninsured driver. I was forced off the road and crashed into a concrete overpass at an estimated 67 MPH. The highway patrol officer said that if I had been driving a Camry or Accord, the accident would have been fatal. I truly believe that the truck saved my life. If you're looking for a SAFE vehicle, look no further. With the SafetyCanopy side curtain airbag system and the Personal Safety System, you can't go wrong!

Excellent Choice!
By adventurebound on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Whoa! We did our research, test drove the Tahoe, Sequoia and were SOLD on this SUV! The folding FLAT third row seats are the show stoppers. Also love that you can be comfortable ANYWHERE you sit from drivers seat to third row! Not so in the Tahoe or Sequoia...knees come up to chin in third row seat! Another biggie...safety factor..kids can exit the third row without help! Handles are very user friendly. Great family vehicle. Get a splitter from Radio Shack and 4 or more can listen to a movie while you drive to your favorite CD playing up front!! Took a 17 hour road trip and LOVED it in this SUV. It ranked up there with flying FIRST CLASS!

GREAT VEHICLE
By DR ALLEN on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 1997 Expedition (Eddie Bauer)had great luck. Went 120,000 miles and traded it for $12,000. Pulled a heavy 31 ft. travel trailer with it and always was dependable. So far this 2003 is great!!! Wonderful ride, smooth and quiet.

2003 Expetition is a winner!
By John Boy on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I love our 2003 EB Expedition. We had a 2000 EB Epedition which we thoght was great, but the new design and riding comfort of the 2003 exceeds our expectations

New and Improved!
By Expedition Momma on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition has a significantly softer ride with the new suspension. It still has a "big truck" feel but it's much better. With all of the features this rig has, it seems uneccessary to drop $10-$15K more for a Lincoln Navigator (the other car we were considering). The Expedition is nothing flashy, but is a good solid SUV that will last us for many years.

EXPEDITION 2003
By EBBcVc95 on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Popular Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I drove my expy from la-las vegas and it was nice and smooth if you are running 70 miles an hour constantly on a minor or flat slope...i tried to push it to run 90 miles per hour and maybe averaged about more than 80 mph all the way and i think the 4.6 liter, which I have, is needing more power going up the hills at 15 freeway. Avoid the 4.6 and upgrade to 5.4 liter.

The real package
By smellwhat on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just got the "rig" i bought it to replace a '95 GMC yukon. The changes are great and the ride is excellent.