Used 2003 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Rattles
By Pork Pie

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most disapointing vehicle we have ever owned. It's not that it is a bad vehicle, but for the money we paid we had certain expectations, and it just does not live up to them. The rattles started at 250 miles and have got worse since then, rattles in the doors, roof, dash and seats. Trim pieces that don't fit. After six visits to the dealer some are resolved and some never will be. The good news is that there is a partial fix for the doors, there is a TSB from Ford, which consists of replacing the door locks and door seals, unfortunately it took 4 trips to the dealer before they found the TSB.

Way too much Arizona Beige, should offer mono kit for people who believe less is more. Navigation system requires separate 6 CD changer, and display doesn't show the name of the song playing. Climate control requires you to press a button to find the outside temperature.

Best of 2003
By raw keyon

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

When I first saw this suv , I knew I would love this car. Everything is great on this car. I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DVD, 6 Cd changer, second row captain chairs, and power fold 3rd row seats.

MAke the size on the audio controls bigger.

Wish I'd bought another Suburban
By Jerry in TN

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT FX4 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Outside body cladding at bottom of doors rattle which is very noisy at 70 mph. I fixed with duct tape because dealer doesn't know how to repair. Already had 4WD go out after only 5000 miles. Good looking truck, lots of towing capacity, but Ford needs to work on quality. My next truck will be a Chevy.

Very smooth ride. Tows my Ski boat effortlessly.

Fix those rattles. Work on quality.

Ford expedition eddie bauer
By Justchillin

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Big difference in size compared to explorer. Definitely very roomy. Handles like a big box on wheels. Smooth acceleration.

big engine. Lots of room. Fits eight comfortably. A deinite family car on steroids.

Better windows buttons. make the handling tighter. not make soooo many options. Add more standard stuff

Great Vehicle
By Adele

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Ford SUVs since 1990. This vehicle is the best so far! The only issue that I have is the mirrors do not adjust properly when I use my auto settings. Just need to take it to the dealer. I would also like to see them add Day Running Lights to the Eddie Bauer version as part of the default package. You pay a ton of money for this truck you should get DRL for free!!!

The electronic third row seats. What a great addition to the new Expedition!! I had the previous model and love this new feature. Also love the heated/AC seats!!

Day Running lights should be installed on all of these vehicles as a default item. This is a safety feature and should be on every vehicle on the road.