Used 2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Great Vehicle. Will Purchase Another
By Dennis B

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle. Only problem we have had was the rear air conditioning motor, which was covered by the warranty. We love this thing and it seems to love us and what we put it through. From dirt roads to snow and pulling our boat, it does it all, without difficulty. The only thing replacing our Ford Expedition will be another (EL Version), once we're free of payments for a few years.

Favorite Features

Cleans up nice, through all we put it through, once washed, she looks brand new. Good job Ford, see you in a few years.

Suggested Improvements

The interior seat belt warning alarm could be a little less annoying (and quieter).

Stinks
By Need Outta This SUV

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have only had this a couple of months and it's ridiculous the amount of problems I have already had with this thing. It stinks on gas, I put in $20 every other day, $300 a month. The mechanical probs I've had are: the mirrors, they constantly move when turning on and off car, they even did it while Reversing (can be shut off), rough engine idle, and motion detector is really sensitive even when there is more room. RV mirrors won't go back into position, they look up at the sky when I get in my car, so I have to adjust often.

Favorite Features

Plenty of room and the third row is power.

Suggested Improvements

Knock it off with the constant changing mirror directions, I don't need them to do that!

Good vehicle
By pabuehl

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this with 30,000 and now have 52,000 with no problems. This is the second Eddie Bauer and both have been reliable/safe vehicles. 13 mgp in town/21 on road. Friend has a 1999 w/200000 with same results. I'll buy another.

Favorite Features

Safe/solid feel. I really like the outside looks

Suggested Improvements

The larger V-8 is much better moving this amount of metal around

Barely Rolling Junk
By Dave

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Expedition and by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I've replaced all 4 rotors 3 times, both outside mirrors twice, 6 of the eight coils, backup sensors, the DVD system and winshield wiper/washer control. Gas mileage is unbelieveable, (9 city 12 highway.) The trade in for this clunker says it all 8500. The thing has depreciated $35000 in four years, yet I've maintaned it by the book. Never again!

Favorite Features

I like the size and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The electrical system was designed by morons, the brakes work well but they self destruct every year and half, the backup sensors don't, and the outside mirrors go wacko everytime you start the engine. Other than that, it's not bad.

Holds a load
By ken

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It will hold a large family with ease-6 grandchildren and a 10 yr. old daughter- no problem -I could not imagine owning a vehicle with out a DVD player. Gas mileage has been averaging about 16 mpg. I was rear ended by a compact vehicle last year, it just bounced off, left me with a scratched bumper which their insurance paid for

Favorite Features

Electric rear seat makes it a cinch to load up

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage which is hard to do if you need a large SUV