2003 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Love My Expedition
By Pdupp on 01/09/07 09:40 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2003 Expedition Certified Pre-Owned in 2004 with ~31,000 miles on it. It felt, drove, and seemed just like new. Haven't had any problems with it. Love it still as of January 2007!

Good family wagon
By Soccer Mom on 08/14/06 07:07 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

An excellent vehicle for family life. Loads of hauling space, third row seat lets you haul up to 7 with seat belts for all. Amazing turning radius makes for easy handling in parking lots. The big V8 option gives plenty of power albeit with low gas mileage

WATCH OUT!
By baby on 07/21/06 21:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After having my Expedition for 1 year I was driving down the road and it went completely dead. I almost got hit from behind. I went to start it up while in my garage and it wouldn't start. I have had this vehicle towed 2 times. I am scared of it. After driving down the freeway and having it just go completely dead with no power I am going to trade it in on a foreign suv. I cannot see out of the right back side; you are almost completely blind while you are driving it. It is really fun to drive and I hate to trade it in but I do not think it is dependable. The gas mileage is terrible; it cost me $54.00 to put premium in it. I have to fill up every week and half. Don’t work. Stay at home.

My first Expedition
By Stargazer on 06/07/06 18:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

If your considering buying an Expedition verses an Explorer - I would suggest the Expedition. The engine is much better than even the optional V8 on the Explorer (I noticed the difference towing a trailer). The windshield is much higher giving you better viewing. The third row seating has much more leg room. U-Haul will not rent to any vehicle with Explorer on it (ALL MODELS). The Expedition has all the room you could ever want and the power to tow.

Eddie Bauer Expedition - Great Vehicle!
By rsilva on 02/20/06 12:03 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2003 Ford Eddie Bauer Expedition is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned (out of 20+ vehicles lifetime purchases). The ride is smooth, power & acceleration is plentiful, and comfort/amenities are a treat. I put all 33k miles on it since purchased new and I've never had maintenance problems. After recent tire replacement with Michelin, the ride even got better ... it's a keeper!

It's Been Great
By wwtexas on 08/21/05 15:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased an Eddie Bauer Expedition in April of 2003. It has over 76,000 miles and and has had only minor maintenance issues. Can't complain. It still rides and drives like it did when I first bought it. Gas mileage is the only draw-back.

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
By Cary Nimnicht on 04/25/05 10:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had the pleasure to drive this vehicle both in the city and the highway and found it a true joy to drive. From the interior space and easy loading and unloading of passenger in all three sections to the handling and spacious seating within the interior. Whether I am taking the neighborhood kids to a ball game or loading up three couples, the leg room and comfort of the seats are always a comment I receive. I have had no mechanical problems.

Kermitt Bites
By kermitt bites on 02/07/05 15:22 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been a nightmare since the beginning. The problems have been from brakes squealing, the driverside power seat motor going out to the rear end being worked on four times. We even got the Ford rep involved and she claims that the truck is fixed even though the clutches in the rearend are still messing up. We now have 17,000 miles on the truck and we are going to have to eat several thousand dollars in order to trade it. We have resulted to putting poster boards on the truck with lemon signs on it and driving it around Oklahoma City

Great job Ford
By Serra on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my first Expedition in 2000 and have bought three more since then. I have found it great for hauling my scuba tanks, pulling a 26 foot camping toy hauler, and just good old joy riding. My wife likes it so well that she now wants her own rather than the Lincons she is used to. With the fold down seating and indepentant rear it is a great vechele.

Air Conditioner Stinks
By 32ndwave on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 3rd Ford truck, 2nd Expedition. I've taken to dealer for A/C stink 4x in 8 mo's w/o resolve. Stinks everytime I drive. It's terrible!!! Brake dust real bad, too. And, no power recline on driver's seat. Not worth the $40K paid. Improvements over last model, but there are other better alternatives, maybe not as big, but better.