2003 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Wish I'd bought another Suburban
By Jerry in TN on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT FX4 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Outside body cladding at bottom of doors rattle which is very noisy at 70 mph. I fixed with duct tape because dealer doesn't know how to repair. Already had 4WD go out after only 5000 miles. Good looking truck, lots of towing capacity, but Ford needs to work on quality. My next truck will be a Chevy.

FX4
By FX4 Fan on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT FX4 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a 99 GMC Yukon for our 2003 FX4. Great ride, seats 8, tons of air bags, LATCH system, fold flat seats, pull up middle seat for the baby.

Never had a big truck
By marmalade1121 on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT FX4 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We just purchased this after someone rear ended our '99 Jeep Cherokee Classic on the highway at 55 mph. We felt bigger = better safetywise (at least it FEELS that way). It was between the 2003 Explorer XLT and this and for the price the Expedition won hands down. I find the Expedition to be big, but not cumbersome. The towing capacity cinched the deal for us. The looks of the FX4 package swayed my husband. The fuel economy has me a little scared but after being in an unfortunate accident, money is not the biggest concern. Anyway, my Cherokee mpg was never THAT great to begin with...

2003 Expedition FX4
By Jason Williams on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT FX4 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Best full Size SUV there is. Feels great to drive with positive handling and a solid ride. FX4 package gives the Expedition a distinctive look and gets admiring looks wherever we go. Great off-road vehicle as well with hatloads of towing capacity.

This is a big step up... By Bobby C
By cripler10 on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT FX4 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a lot better than it's predecessor. The improved styling is really nice. The interior comfort has really been increased and it is a lot more functional.