2003 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Expedition
By Very satisfied on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Popular Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After comparing to Tahoe, we found the Expedition to have a smoother ride and much more head room in 3rd row seat plus easier entry to rear. On recent trip from Arkansas to Florida, fully loaded with 4 adults and 2 children, we averaged 22 miles per gallon. Overall, we have been very pleased with the Expedition and were able to get 48 month lease for $100.00 less per month than Tahoe.

A/C gone bad
By A/C gone bad on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Popular Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

A/C quits blowing after several hours of continous use. After taking into the dealer the third time, they say they can't fix it because they don't know how! The Ford engineers are working on it. Thanks for telling me the first time I brought it in! Paint flaking off the front. Lock bar inside drivers door has broke three times.

Vibrations
By Samuel L Orlando on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Popular Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I took this vehcle to the dealer on July 7, 2003 for vibrations at 45 to 50 mph. They checked front end alignment, tire balance, replaced rear end, drive shaft, u-joints and engine and the vehicle still has the vibrations. Ford has offered to replace the vehicle with a like model and forgive the mileage. I have submitted a request for arbitration under the Lemon Law. I have found that Customer Service from the corporate office, customer service and local dealer to be disgustingly indifferent.

I was sure I was going to own a Tahoe
By Aaron Burt on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Popular Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted the 2002 Chevy Tahoe. But my wife suggested we test drive the new Expedition. Externally I thought the truck was better looking then the old style but still not as good looking as the Tahoe. But the interior sold me. I loved not having to take out the third row of seats and that at 6'1 my knees weren't up to my ears when I sat in the third row. Then with the conversation mirror and the flexible seating arrangments plus the ride quality I was hooked.

GREAT SUV IN ITS CLASS
By Shak on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Popular Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Since I've purchased the car, I felt so secured and superior with driving the car. I've had good comments from on lookers and good phrases from friends who rode in it. The ride is similar to riding a luxury sedan and it has given me a good driving view in relations to seeing everything in and out of the car from the drivers chair. The only thing that I'm concerned about is the gas consumption. Or it's just an unfortunate time when gas prices soared up.

Definately!
By Expy-lover on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Popular Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Had the thing for near five years; it's only a lease so we've got to turn it in in a few months. Love it, the nice firm seats are a plus but it would be nice to have a soft passenger seat. Only for short drives, that is. Great power, roomy interior. Great buy. The new ones don't have th same spacy feel. These trucks can go over everything. When I first acquired this I ran over every curb. I have a son who loved me flooring it so I did on a strait. It's got power, but lacks accelleration

Love it
By ryan.hollien@eds.com on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Popular Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Looking to buy a 2nd 2003 Expedition for myself... the first one was my wifes.

Wish we got one sooner
By rdgolden on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Popular Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Moving to the larger vehicle wasn't as difficult as my wife and I expected. With 7 years experience driving a mini van she had no problems driving the Expedition around town or parking. The kids have plenty of room and the fold away back seat makes it easy to get groceries. During our Christmas trip to MI from Norfolk, VA we were caught in a blinding snow storm. The 2WD Expedition helped us feel secure and handled the extreme weather conditions very well. One thing I would maybe do over, "Get the larger engine." The 4.6 liter seems a bit weak at times. This may only seem a problem because I drive a 1986 F-250 351W, most of the time.

Class
By Outer Banks on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Popular Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Everything I hoped an auto to be and more.

Incredible '03 Ford Expedition,,,
By davido on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Popular Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Recently purchased new '03 Expedition XLT..am hugely impressed so far! Very well built truck,thoughtfully designed. Had a '98 Expedition(good truck as well) then traded it for a new Nissan Path- finder..always regreted that. Well, when it came time to trade in the Nissan i went straight to see newly revamped & highly acclaimed Expedition. I don't regret buying another one! Superb truck!