2003 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Ford needs to improve. Last Ford for us.
By Our last Ford on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After replacing the electric window controls twice, electric seat component,back-up sensor and side mirror control, enough. The 4.6 engine could not tow a 3800 lb. travel trailer decent on any incline. This was our fourth Ford vehicle and our last.

built ford tough
By built for tough on 06/28/09 12:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is built for tough it tows a 9,000+ pound boat and trailer w/o any problems. Only have had one problem and that was a bad senor but besides that the truck has been nothing but great. Bought the truck with 44,000 miles and now it has 65,000 miles. The exterior has held up great and so has the interior with some wear on the front bottom of the leather seats but its not bad. Would defenitely but another expedition.

Great Family Hauler
By mschooly on 03/18/09 21:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Our Expedition has done my family great over the last six years. It has survived three young children and a lot of driving vacations. It was a great family hauler with the fold flat third row, DVD system, and the heated and cooled front seats. Followed all recommended services done by dealer. Had problems with premature front tire wear until I took it to an independent tire shop to do alignment and balance every 5000. Interior rattles became a problem on rough roads after a few years of use. Gas mileage is bad around town, but better than expected on highway, as long as you go 65.

It's OK
By DrCPsych on 02/21/09 22:19 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When I purchased this car, I was so excited! But, the ignition gave me problems and Ford kept telling me nothing was wrong with it. Then, the interior headliner was rattling. They fixed it and it kept rattling at high speeds. Then the buttons to open the windows fell through the hole they were supposed to be secured in. Several years later, the DVD player wouldn't work and the CD player didn't work either. The brakes needed changing at 20,000 miles! OK, so we had a great deal of problems but I like this truck. However, I would not buy another one! I will buy a Honda or Toyota SUV next time when the economy is better.

Great SUV
By floridadriver on 12/28/08 18:04 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our Expedition brand new and it has been great to us. Love everything about it. We had an Explorer before that we also liked but we needed a bigger car with the dogs and the boat. It is great for towing and long trips- so comfortable. I hope to drive it as long as it lasts- but I would not hesitate about getting another Expedition down the road.

Great Vehicle. Will Purchase Another
By Dennis B on 08/16/08 15:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle. Only problem we have had was the rear air conditioning motor, which was covered by the warranty. We love this thing and it seems to love us and what we put it through. From dirt roads to snow and pulling our boat, it does it all, without difficulty. The only thing replacing our Ford Expedition will be another (EL Version), once we're free of payments for a few years.

Stinks
By Need Outta This SUV on 04/04/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have only had this a couple of months and it's ridiculous the amount of problems I have already had with this thing. It stinks on gas, I put in $20 every other day, $300 a month. The mechanical probs I've had are: the mirrors, they constantly move when turning on and off car, they even did it while Reversing (can be shut off), rough engine idle, and motion detector is really sensitive even when there is more room. RV mirrors won't go back into position, they look up at the sky when I get in my car, so I have to adjust often.

Good vehicle
By pabuehl on 01/10/08 18:20 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this with 30,000 and now have 52,000 with no problems. This is the second Eddie Bauer and both have been reliable/safe vehicles. 13 mgp in town/21 on road. Friend has a 1999 w/200000 with same results. I'll buy another.

Barely Rolling Junk
By Dave on 10/25/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Expedition and by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I've replaced all 4 rotors 3 times, both outside mirrors twice, 6 of the eight coils, backup sensors, the DVD system and winshield wiper/washer control. Gas mileage is unbelieveable, (9 city 12 highway.) The trade in for this clunker says it all 8500. The thing has depreciated $35000 in four years, yet I've maintaned it by the book. Never again!

Holds a load
By ken on 05/29/07 16:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It will hold a large family with ease-6 grandchildren and a 10 yr. old daughter- no problem -I could not imagine owning a vehicle with out a DVD player. Gas mileage has been averaging about 16 mpg. I was rear ended by a compact vehicle last year, it just bounced off, left me with a scratched bumper which their insurance paid for