2003 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
I too Have Vibrations in the drive train
By Joseph Dellaccio on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I took this vehcle to the dealer on two or three occassions for vibrations at 45 to 50 mph. They checked front end alignment, tire balance, the vehicle still has the vibrations. I even wanted to try new tires but Ford has refused saying nothing is wrong with the tires or drive train I too am thinking of submitting a request for arbitration under the Lemon Law. I have found that Customer Service from the corporate office, customer service and local dealer to be disgustingly indifferent about my unhappiness in the vehicle's ride at those speeds.

Me @ My EX
By Carpenter on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Top notch SUV I love it.

Life with my new expedition
By bbr on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

So far I have found the ride and handeling to be exceptional, especially for a vehicle of this size. The one issue was a very slight vibration intermittently in the steering wheel. My dealer provided me with a rental car and is replacing the steering gear after a series of tests to rule out tire balance etc. The fit and finish are very good.

MY BABY
By FRAN BEITIA on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

BRAKING SYSTEM COULD USE SOME BETTER DESIGN. OVERALL, VEHICLE IS EXCELLENT.

Almost There!!
By Londont513 on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 03 Ford Expedition is awesome. I had a 00 Expedition Eddie bauer, but really liked the silver birch metallic XLT Premium. THe new headlights are definitely cool and the handling are very noticeable improvements. The new styling is also an improvement.

Previous Ford Owner
By Gary D. Urie on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have not owned mine very long but I have owned a Ford for the last 6 1/2 years. I upgraded from the truck to the Expedition and I am very impressed. I have not been in it long but already the aesthetics are very pleasing and impressive (seats, interior design, creature comforts, exterior design, clearance, and wheels, etc.). It rides great even if it lacks the power of its competitors. I have not driven far enough to comment on mechanical reliability or long term road performance. If it holds up like the F150 truck and I believe whole heartedly that it will, then it is another winner from Ford. Gary

Magnificent
By chacho on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Is by far the best SUV I ever drive! Suspension is the best!!

Flaws
By tg4906 on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

You have to be a truly brand loyal to overlook some of the flaws inherent in this vehicle. The engine is underpowered and continually goes in and out of overdrive. At highway speeds, there is a noise across the roof like a thin piece of sheelmetal with something heavy rolling across it. The child locks to come on by itself - poor positioning. The dealer offered to replace it for $220. The check engine light also came on for the first time for routine maintenance - $400. The dealer also told me to expect the average routine maintenance to cost around $200.

Finally, a thought-out SUV
By Neptune on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Expedition XLT Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Priced my XLT Premium 4X2 4.6L using Edmunds, and ended up with perhaps the best, easiest, and fastest buying experience I'll have for a long time. After 4 months of waiting on our special-ordered 02 Honda Odyssey, the 03 Expy rolled out and it was the next best buy (better?) after researching it. 2nd & 3rd row seats fold flat, standard towing, BIG engine, lots of room, highly competitive, price-wise and feature-wise, against any minivan on the market. Even side running boards are standard. Fuel Consumption? Check rates on 03 Expy XLT Prem 4X2 4.6L versus 02 Honda Osyssey EXL-RES, and what you pay in gas you save on insurance. EVEN TRADE OFFS.