First SUV owned
By NICE SUV by db on
2002 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
This is the largest vehicle I have owned and my wife and I really love it! Before purchasing it, I read reviews like these and with Ford truck's word- of-mouth reputation, I purchased one. I haven't regretted it. I use it mostly on long trips. It is fun to drive and I feel safer on the road. Mine is a 2-wheel drive, but it handles great in rain or snow covered roads. Replaced the drivers heated seat element already and the passenger side is getting weaker. $600. dealer cost for one seat repair! Out of warranty, but the dealer paid half. Replaced the brakes, but no mechanical problems yet. Would buy another one!
Favorite Features
All the Eddie Bauer accents, the great "red" color, its driveability. Its large size is great in traffic. Heated seats help my wife's back problems, which she uses year round. Great AC, brakes & power steering. TV screen in rear is great for traveling passengers. Mirror turn signals.
Suggested Improvements
Even before I bought it, I knew gas mileage would not be good. It isn't. But the trade-off is worth it. Wish I had the '03 folding third seat. Interior dash fit could be better. Radio controls not on the steering wheel are missed. I think the newer models address any shortcomings.