Extremely happy
By SMA on
2002 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I assumed I would eventually get an SUV but put it off for some time. My last car was an AUDI and I loved that kind of performance. However, I decided to take a test drive for kicks. Granted performance was not the same as my old car but I was sold on the feeling of safety and being able to see traffic better. After researching this vehicle I made the move and I'm even happier than I thought I would. It fits more cargo and passengers than I thought it would comfortably. The ride is also surprisingly smooth considering its roots in the F-150. I have also found it reasonable to get in and out of (although I have heard the 4WD model is tougher). Gas is as expected. No complaints so far!
Favorite Features
Size! And for the size it doesn't feel sluggish or too boxy. Ease of taking out the third row and the disappearing 2nd row makes moving larger objects possible.
Suggested Improvements
In rain the tires kick water right into the running boards making a lot of noise at times. I don't know if this is the case with the running boards but flaps may take care of this problem.