2002 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: A

2002 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Review

A
By Midwest Expedition on

2002 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Almost to 60k miles now and it drives like a new suv. Very good build quality. Consistent power, smooth shifting, easy towing. Quad captains chairs provide easy access to third row seat). Steering was a little "weird" recently; I checked my tire pressures and found that all four tires were low and different. Filled to recommended PSI (30/front and 35/rear for mine) and steering was perfect again. Fuel economy is typical (not good... 15-16 tops on the highway). Bottom line: I'm keeping mine for a while.

Comfortable Leather seating in front and back (I haven't sat in the third row myself, but I haven't gotten any complaints), tight drivetrain and 4WD, accurate cruise control, HOT seat heaters. I never think about the climate control system, which must mean it works great.

1)Sunroof shade came loose. Easy to fix, but I question the design. 2)Center Console feels "low" (I'm 6'1") 3)One more gear on the high end might have made this truck almost perfect. Seems like it could handle highway speeds (65 and up) easily at a lower RPM.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review