2002 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews 5

2002 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
3rd Expedition -- 02 doesn't live up...
By tx-gal on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned '97 2wd XLT and '99 4wd EB. My '02 doesn't live up to the Ford standard I am used to. The ride in my "Premier Package" EB is horribly rough... although I have been told, each time I take it to the shop, it is due to the "load leveling air suspension" -- and is to be expected. Not at all like my '99 4wd, which was a great, smooth ride. Also, sunroof sliding cover never stays tightly closed... I assume it is due to the rough ride. Another gripe -- why in a $40,000+ truck do you not have a power passenger seat??? I would caution anyone about the suspension, unless you like feeling every bump in the road as if it were a large rock in your way!

2002 XLT Expedition, 5.4L
By skir on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Initially was not considering Ford (had 2000 Windstar with 3 trans, 2 valve bodies and torque conv. in 19k miles). Drove lots of sport utes and vans, bottom line is Ford had best deal (0.9% for 5 years) and willing to negotiate on price more than anyone else. Got ext. warr., of course. It turns out we love this beast. Mileage is abt same as Windstar. It is very comfortable and great for road trips. Hope its holds up as well as my previous Fords (van excluded).

2002 Ford Expedition
By jl21 on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent car for the price. Very reliable and quick. I think the engine should be quiter though, like the toyota land crusier

Ford Gas Numbers are Inflated
By John D on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Nice Truck. It is a huge gas monster. We are getting 15/16

Its a runner
By epp on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

To tackle the city streets or the mountain tops this is the vehicle to drive. I just traded my 97 expo xlt for a 2002 eb, and went from good to better. I can't wait to sit in traffic.

TheTank
By Wife's Expedition on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When I bought this vehicle I though that the interiors will hold up better. I will suggest that if you plan to buy one these tanks that you buy the factory's extended warranty, as repair for these car are expensive. There has been problems with the engines in the past. Such as Blown head gasket and transmissions going bad as early as 16,000 miles of use.

Still luv it...
By Glen&Deb on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We had a '97 XLT Expedition and liked it so much that we got an '02 Eddie Bauer. The kids love the rear entertainment center for movies and PS2 games. The leather is attractive and comfortable and just like our prior model, we plan to drive across country. The reverse sensors have helped my wife tremendously in parking lots also. I do however think the '03 model is beautiful and wish we had waited.

Good overall vehicle.
By klkrause on 03/14/02 16:49 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been a bit disappointed in the interior fit-and-finsh, but overall am pretty happy with this vehicle. Now that I see the '03's coming out, though, I wonder if we should have waited ...

This thing rocks!
By kevin6 on 03/06/02 23:21 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Rock on Ford...keep building these bad boys.

Love my 2002
By Hitman22 on 03/04/02 17:06 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 98 expy prior to purchasing the 2002, and I'm still in love with the vehicle. Additionally, the 2002 has the rear entertainment system which is great for the kids when were headed to the mountains for camping or any other long trip. beleive fellas, for those with kids, your wife will love this feature!