2002 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Great Truck
By charyl on 08/09/07 21:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have taken this truck on two trips to MN. with 3 boys. Lots of room and comfortable. I have never had a problem. I love my truck. It turns on a dime, and is a good truck

My Second Expedition
By capanther on 06/16/07 22:52 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I finally found a vehicle that I truly love to drive. The quality is outstanding. You just feel that your are driving in something that is put together right. Mine has the 5.4L and the power is outstanding. Sure it won't get 20 miles to the gallon, but I knew that when I picked it out.

By Flomart on 09/21/06 16:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle driving is comfortable, it is very good in winter conditions. However since the vehicle was purchased new, gas mileage has averaged 10 miles to the gallon. If I wasn't retired and still working the increased mileage and cost of fuel would be prohibitive.

Extremely happy
By SMA on 07/04/06 16:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I assumed I would eventually get an SUV but put it off for some time. My last car was an AUDI and I loved that kind of performance. However, I decided to take a test drive for kicks. Granted performance was not the same as my old car but I was sold on the feeling of safety and being able to see traffic better. After researching this vehicle I made the move and I'm even happier than I thought I would. It fits more cargo and passengers than I thought it would comfortably. The ride is also surprisingly smooth considering its roots in the F-150. I have also found it reasonable to get in and out of (although I have heard the 4WD model is tougher). Gas is as expected. No complaints so far!

Great Family Rig
By Family Rig on 04/08/06 20:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Our Expedition has exceeded my expectations. I commuted 172 miles round-trip for over 1 1/2 years and the comfort is indescribable. Additionally I drove from CA - New Mexico more than once without worry; with the entertainment system it kept the kids from fighting and getting restless during the long ride. I never have to worry about having enough room for our luggage and toys, it all fits. The roof rack provides an extra place to transport belongings as well. I love my Expedition, except the gas mileage.

Very Dependable Truck
By Dave on 09/14/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had two Expeditions and they are both good tough family cars. I got 82K out of the first set of tires and have not had to do anything but scheduled maintenance. I wish it better fuel mileage, but other that that, I am very happy with the truck and it has served me very well.

Happy Owner
By Happy Owner on 08/06/05 15:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I usually get a new car every 2 years. I have kept this one longer than any other. We have three active boys. We have taken 3 cross country trips without any problems. The VHS entertainment package is a life saver on those trips. The 4.6L engine has enough power to haul trailers, boats and horses.

Big Safe Luxurious and Thirsty
By thirstyButSafe on 08/05/05 04:05 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle was in my family since new; bought two new ones to get fleet discount. Wife and I just bought one of them from family. We were looking at BMW 5 series for safety and sportiness and at other sports sedans. We tried this out and were sold immediately. Entertainment package keeps kids happy and quiet. It is like a moving living room, comfy and safe. Steel girders in doors for side impact. "Handsome" styling. We said we would never buy one but once we drove it we loved it. Very easy for my petite wife to drive, drives like much smaller vehicle. Very luxurious inside and a lot of room. We are on CA freeways and I never worry about my wife and kids being safe in this thing. It is a luxury liner

Great vehicle
By Michael on 07/19/05 11:20 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle, it is the nicest riding truck I have been in yet. It handles well, and feels very stable. The 4.6 runs very smooth, and could use a little more low end torque for towing, but I will address that myself. What amazes me however is the number of people on here complaining about gas mileage. What did you expect? This is a 5000 lb. vehicle, and I see people gunning them off the line like a sports car. Thats what kills your mileage. If you drive it carefully, you can get 15-16 around town, and 20 or better on the highway. You cant forget what your driving; either you want better mileage or you want more power, you usually can't have both.

Done
By RB on 12/29/04 16:46 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Gas has gotten too expensive for this truck. Also parking it in most lots is a challenge.