Used 2002 Ford Expedition XLT SUV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

200,000 Miles?
By Terry

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My Ford Expedition, believe it or not, actually has 200,216 miles and runs like brand new. It has the 4.6L and yes the spark plug has came out of my cylinder head, but that does not change that I LOVE THIS TRUCK! Got the K&N Intake, FlowMaster (single in-dual out, dumped), BF Goodrich 265-70 All Terrain T/A, and about $2,600 in interior goodies. The ride is unbelievable. 65 psi tires set at 42 psi make the handling awesome. And that FlowMaster really promotes the power that the 4.6L actually has when you put extra goodies on. The keyless entry and lighted side rails really puts a smile on my face. =)

Horsepower, keyless entry, lighted side rails, lots of space.

Spark plug mishap. If not correcting mistake at least make a kit that is available to correct it. I mean it really isn't hard to fix, if you can DIY, but can be costly. My estimate, $862.00. Did it myself in 8.5 hours and about $58.00.

Great Truck
By charyl

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have taken this truck on two trips to MN. with 3 boys. Lots of room and comfortable. I have never had a problem. I love my truck. It turns on a dime, and is a good truck

The center console adapter should be up from the floor.

Extremely happy
By SMA

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I assumed I would eventually get an SUV but put it off for some time. My last car was an AUDI and I loved that kind of performance. However, I decided to take a test drive for kicks. Granted performance was not the same as my old car but I was sold on the feeling of safety and being able to see traffic better. After researching this vehicle I made the move and I'm even happier than I thought I would. It fits more cargo and passengers than I thought it would comfortably. The ride is also surprisingly smooth considering its roots in the F-150. I have also found it reasonable to get in and out of (although I have heard the 4WD model is tougher). Gas is as expected. No complaints so far!

Size! And for the size it doesn't feel sluggish or too boxy. Ease of taking out the third row and the disappearing 2nd row makes moving larger objects possible.

In rain the tires kick water right into the running boards making a lot of noise at times. I don't know if this is the case with the running boards but flaps may take care of this problem.

Expedition
By BAB

The Ford Expedition has been a great
vehicle for me. The contents of a
college dorm room can be crammed into
this SUV! Hauling kids and gear on a
daily basis is comfortable. Where I
live, lots of people drive big vehicles
and I feel safer being in one as well.
The only problem I've ever had with the
Expedition is the power side mirrors:
the directional button doesn't work well.

Style. Size (a nice "mid-size" SUV). Safety features.

None; Ford already developed the disappearing 3rd row seat, which I wish I had on mine.

2002 XLT Expedition, 5.4L
By skir

Initially was not considering Ford (had
2000 Windstar with 3 trans, 2 valve
bodies and torque conv. in 19k miles).
Drove lots of sport utes and vans,
bottom line is Ford had best deal (0.9%
for 5 years) and willing to negotiate
on price more than anyone else. Got
ext. warr., of course. It turns out we
love this beast. Mileage is abt same
as Windstar. It is very comfortable and
great for road trips. Hope its holds
up as well as my previous Fords (van
excluded).

Firm but comfortable ride, looks w/ sport package, 5.4l engine, sport interior (tougher material great for kid abuse), handling w/ 17in. tires

Lose the General tires on the 17 in wheels that come w/ the sport edition. Much harsher and louder ride than the Michelins on the standard 16 inch wheels