2002 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
200,000 Miles?
By Terry on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My Ford Expedition, believe it or not, actually has 200,216 miles and runs like brand new. It has the 4.6L and yes the spark plug has came out of my cylinder head, but that does not change that I LOVE THIS TRUCK! Got the K&N Intake, FlowMaster (single in-dual out, dumped), BF Goodrich 265-70 All Terrain T/A, and about $2,600 in interior goodies. The ride is unbelievable. 65 psi tires set at 42 psi make the handling awesome. And that FlowMaster really promotes the power that the 4.6L actually has when you put extra goodies on. The keyless entry and lighted side rails really puts a smile on my face. =)

Great Truck
By charyl on 08/09/07 21:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have taken this truck on two trips to MN. with 3 boys. Lots of room and comfortable. I have never had a problem. I love my truck. It turns on a dime, and is a good truck

Extremely happy
By SMA on 07/04/06 16:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I assumed I would eventually get an SUV but put it off for some time. My last car was an AUDI and I loved that kind of performance. However, I decided to take a test drive for kicks. Granted performance was not the same as my old car but I was sold on the feeling of safety and being able to see traffic better. After researching this vehicle I made the move and I'm even happier than I thought I would. It fits more cargo and passengers than I thought it would comfortably. The ride is also surprisingly smooth considering its roots in the F-150. I have also found it reasonable to get in and out of (although I have heard the 4WD model is tougher). Gas is as expected. No complaints so far!

Expedition
By BAB on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Ford Expedition has been a great vehicle for me. The contents of a college dorm room can be crammed into this SUV! Hauling kids and gear on a daily basis is comfortable. Where I live, lots of people drive big vehicles and I feel safer being in one as well. The only problem I've ever had with the Expedition is the power side mirrors: the directional button doesn't work well.

2002 XLT Expedition, 5.4L
By skir on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Initially was not considering Ford (had 2000 Windstar with 3 trans, 2 valve bodies and torque conv. in 19k miles). Drove lots of sport utes and vans, bottom line is Ford had best deal (0.9% for 5 years) and willing to negotiate on price more than anyone else. Got ext. warr., of course. It turns out we love this beast. Mileage is abt same as Windstar. It is very comfortable and great for road trips. Hope its holds up as well as my previous Fords (van excluded).

Ford Gas Numbers are Inflated
By John D on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Nice Truck. It is a huge gas monster. We are getting 15/16

TheTank
By Wife's Expedition on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When I bought this vehicle I though that the interiors will hold up better. I will suggest that if you plan to buy one these tanks that you buy the factory's extended warranty, as repair for these car are expensive. There has been problems with the engines in the past. Such as Blown head gasket and transmissions going bad as early as 16,000 miles of use.

It's a Bus.
By serve on 01/30/02 21:38 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Compared with Tahoe and Sequoia. Expedition won out. My wife drove them all and choose the Expedition. The comfort and ability to "see" the road were the selling points. Very roomy and comfortable. Leather seating and comfort package a must. 4.6 V8 has plenty of power. Big but remarkably easy to handle and park (Tahoe was too.) Coming off owning two minivans, this is a bus!