2001 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: Functional but not very reliab

2001 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

Functional but not very reliable
By Ken on

2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a big guy 6'4", so the roominess is highly valued for me. It's also great for families and to lug things around. But I now have 125k miles on it and the front and rear differentials just went - $3 grand for that and I just dumped another $1,500 into it a few months ago. A lot of minor things have also gone wrong -- back windshield wiper broke, cruise control broke, cup holder broke, etc. And I am not hard on this car. I baby it. I get 15mpg, so that's a tough one too, but I knew that when I bought it. I just didn't know gas was going to be $5 a gallon!

The beepy thing when you back up that gets faster the closer you get to something. Love that.

The 3rd seat is difficult to remove. 2nd row seats can't fold down all the way when the front seats are all the way back. ( I have bucket seats in 2nd row) Get rid of the radio controls in the back of the center console. My kids think it's funny to change my station or turn the volume down.