Comfort, Power and Style
By navyman on
2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
This is my 4th Ford. I think Ford has a very good quality product. This is a new milestone for me, my first automatic tranny Ford. I bought this truck used in Jan '04 for my wife to drive and it had only 15K miles on it and it was still under factory warranty. Currently: 43K miles. We have driven it on long trips (12 hours+) about 8 times and it makes the trip go so smoothly. The ride is very comfortable and is a real pleasure to drive. I have never had this vehicle leave my wife or me stranded. I LOVE the power and low end torque. I am very pleased with this vehicle. Maintenance: transmission flush $187; oil $360. Repairs: power mirror switch and bubbling paint on hood (warranty)
Favorite Features
For a large SUV, with the 5.4 V-8, the gas mileage is about what I expected (about 16C/18H). The power seats make it an ease to drive for my 5'3" wife. Lots of interior space. Nice factory radio. Unlocking the door, without having to call someone, by using the keypad on the driver's door.
Suggested Improvements
The dash pieces do not seem to fit together right (non-tight fit). The 3rd seat will fit 3 people, but I think there is not enough leg/foot room for 3 adults to sit back there and remain friends (slightly fixed in new design).