2001 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: Awesome truck

2001 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

2001 Ford Expedition

Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Awesome truck
By grimja on

2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've had our Expidition for four or five years now and it has 158,000 miles on it due to the long trips we take it on. Even though the family doesn't go many places together anymore I still like to drive it, even though the gas mileage is impractical. I just love how comfortable it is. It doesn't get up to speed very fast, but that's not what it was built for. The thing has only let me down once and it was due to a vacuum leak and that was two years ago. Now all I am worrying about is the rear end, which leaks fluid. Other than that it is great for its age, doesn't eat oil and even though the kids gave it a beating, you can't tell it at all.

I like the radio with the sub and all. I also like the auto a/c and the memory settings. Oh and the fog lights help a lot, I expirmented after first getting it and just the headlights alone are nothing compared to using them with fog lights.

The only thing I can say would need to be improved is the gas mileage. Oh, and for some reason when the car shakes the leather on the passenger seat squeaks, kind of annoying.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review