Used 2001 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Terrific Rocky Mountain Vehicle
By wyomingoil

2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have thoroughly enjoyed my 2001 Eddie Bauer Expedition 4WD. We live in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and the weather can get pretty nasty. I have never felt unsafe driving on any road condition incuding deep snow over thick ice. I love the way it looks and drives. It has all the bells and whistles (except the back-up warning sensor, which I will get next time). It is very roomy for kids, grandkids, and dogs...all at once! I would highly recommend an Expedition as a much better-looking alternative to a minivan.

The seat warmers are my favorite feature in the winter and the sun/moon roof is my favorite feature in the summer.

I would make back-up warning sensors standard equipment in such large SUV's where smaller objects are easily "lost" in blind spots.

---
By rlopez

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 3rd row seat doesn't fold away auto, the A/C is very cold on low, the back wiper has never worked well

my expo 2001
By ronjnz

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

disappointed that the 4x4 is rough on some of the smallest bumps in the road. other than that it rides like a dream,luxury(leather). i wont discuss the gas mileage,but you dont buy a suv for good mileage. overall this is a very nice truck.

clearance, sunroof and power(5.4)

soften the suspension on the 4x4

better than the Tahoes
By jamesSZ

2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 1995 and a 1997 Tahoe 4WD and had to dump them before the 36000 mile warranty ran out. Liked both of them but they were poorly built and had a lot of in warranty work done, The EXPIDITION seems to be holding its own - I've yet to take it to the dealer for any warranty work. Next visit will report the following: windshield washer indicator give false out of fluid reading; heater strip in back window losing effect; radio was skipping channels by itself, tires are making a thud sound when driving above 55MPH. Small issues when compared to the 2 Tahoes that I owned. Milage is about 14 MPG.

The eddie b. package is neat - esp the heated seats and mirrors.

need an inside all door lock switch at the rear door, better gas milage; larger characters in the electronic compass, no-mar roof strips for easier sliding of roof placed cargo, the biggest thing - the bench seat#3 should be interchangeable with the second row captains chairs.

A Good Purchase If You NEED It
By Shaheen

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I leased this car for three years. I have been very pleased with the reliability and the strength of the truck. It is also a pleasure to drive. The truk could have more power, but I have the smaller engine. The problem with more power is that I could not imagine paying more for gas. Overall I would recommend this vehicle, but only to people who really need a big truck.

Extremely comfortable, i live in new York and I don't even acknoledge the bumps...

Gas mileage has to be reduced.

• SUV