2001 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
2001 ford xlt expedition
By dlenhart on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle in Oklahoma when we both had good paying jobs. We moved to Montana where good paying jobs are a joke. We are stretching money to continue to make payment on this vehicle as we really like it, but we don't know how long we will be able to afford it. Sure hate to trade or sell it. It has driven through ice, snow, fields, and mud since moving to this beautiful state, if you know what I mean. It is not 4WD, but handle itself like with feed bags in the back.

Nice SUV
By Greg G on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For the price I think this truck was a deal considering all the interior space that you get. I could not find any other trucks in this price range that had this much room. I looked at the Tahoes but they were thousands more and they appeared to have less room.

Ford Expedition
By Woodshoes on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Rides well and handles well.

eddie bauer expedition
By keith ingram on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The Ford Expedition is an awesome travelling vessel. It is spacious, distinctive and comes from the factory looking great with chrome wheels, leather, above average factory sound system. The third seat snaps up a lot easier than the newer models (I found in the newer models the third seat goes down easy, but is difficult to get back up). The color selections available make it hard to choose "the right color" because all colors look great. We Love our Expedition.

Will buy again
By shibu on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had 20 k miles in one year, no problems so far, Great car for family with kids, lots of room. I got more than what I expected.

Great Vehicle
By Virgil P Walker on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've owned two of these vehicles. I would reccomend this truck to any and all. We we're so pleased with our lease we bought the second one to have for a long time.

ford expedition
By gmf on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Best car I have ever owned. 2nd Expedition. Plenty of room for 5 and can carry 4 sets of golf clubs and still have room.

My 4th Ford
By Built Texas Tough on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very functional SUV, with lots of creature comforts. Built sturdy, handles well on the open road, and lots of neat and innovative features. Only gripe is (WAS) the garbage General tires they put on as standard equipement; lasted 10K miles before first blowout. Do yourself a favor and put Michelins on and it drives like a dream.

Built Ford Tough!
By gdub on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Overall Ford has come out with a great SUV. Make sure you opt on the 5.4 liter as the 4.6 is underpowered.

bemouth
By pmc on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

20 mpg on highway was an unexpected bonus (2wd, standard v8). Leather is worth the extra cost.