2001 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
towing great
By jjones6211 on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We upgraded from the Explorer to the Expedition for it's towing abilities. We discovered that it has much more to offer in the cabin also. It surpasses all other large SUV's that we have driven. We plan to take this one to the grave.

01 EXPEDITION
By lee rimbach on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Expedition is a good looking, well made vehicle. I carries the whole family in comfort. The 2 a/c's really keep the vehcile cool in the AZ summers.

Can ford do anything right???
By fordhater on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

since new had to go back in the shop in 3 months for various repairs..since then all down hill...rpm needle jumps up to 2 at idle and they fixed it but it still does it when i stop the brake pedal will vibrate and the car will too oh but the reverse sensing sys. fails to work everytime its dirty..but now i would like to sell it and it only has 16000 miles on it and it cost me 42000 and its only worth 24000, thanks alot i really got my bang for my buck...ford look at toyota and honda, and nissan about car values for crying out loud

Awesome SUV
By Dallas B. on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have not had any major problems with my Expy. It was involved in a transmission, tire and seatbelt recall (but I never experienced any problem) and put in the shop once for sudden race of the engine while idling. They replaced a filter and the problem was solved. I have the 5.4 liter and it has great power and the gas mileage is actually pretty good for an SUV.

Love it, but worried about longevity...
By Margaret B. on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

29K miles, 1 mo. in shop. Drivers side door rattle from day one. Replaced panel & window track but rattle is back & pass. side has same problem. Steering's very tricky & there's a clunk/pop from underneath car when turning steering wheel. Replaced 2 steering shafts, pump & gear, still having problems. Car idles rough. #8 injector went bad & was replaced along with coil boots. Has died several times, wouldn't start & had to be towed. Poor mileage, maybe related to rough idling & injector problems? Feel safe in it overall, but seems like Ford could have made mine better!

Love my Expedition
By dsnylndmom on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I recently traded my 1999 Durango SLT in for the Expedition, it's a 2001 Bauer I bought it with only 5,500 miles (yes that's 5 thousand)for $26,900! Got a GREAT deal! There is so much more room than the Durango, adults can sit in the back with no problem! And I love the captain's chair's in the center row and the way the captain's chair's fold flat when not in use. The gas mileage is actually alittle better than the Durango, which was a bonus! The leather interior is plush and comfy, great for a long drive. We added an aftermarket dvd entertainment system which really helps on those long drives!

expedition2
By ertmarty on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second expedition. the first was a '97. I wasn't that impressed with my first one, but room and duribility were what I needed. The 2001 is much better than the '97, in interior design and quality. There is more interior storage, better quality and more standard features.

XLT-4WD-Dallas
By ramisdom on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have had Expl, Sub, Tahoe...Expedition is favorite...nimble, larger, easier to park, stable, plenty of torque. Like the AWD...very tough to fishtail on ice/snow/mud...great in bad weather around N. TX. The 4.6L is most capable, have pulled small loads, trailers/boats.

Looked at many Large SUV's
By pushka21 on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the 2001 XLT used. The ride is fantastic and I got the 9 passenger with the front bench seat.

Enjoying my Expedition
By kvfd518 on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased an 2001 XLT 4WD after conparing the Tahoe, and Navigator. By far this vehicle just is easier to drive. It has the power as well as the space. Will pull 3 motorcycles with no problem. Great space for a growing family like mine. Overall a very nice vehicle. Previous purchase was a BMW, still have it but I truly enjoy driving this truck!!! After removing the 3rd row seat, and folding downt the back, I put a couch in it!! Still had a little room!!!