Used 2001 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Nice
By Stephanie

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It's very nice inside and out. I've had more than 1 Toyota and the last one i had was a 4x4 4-Runner. This expedition drives smoother than that. I was skeptical about getting another vehicle other than a Toyota but once I drove this i was happy.

The color and paint job, the leather interior (except when you first get in and it's hot), the way it drives, they keyless entry, anti-theft, 6 disc cd changer and it tells the temperature of outside and what direction you're going. Spacious and decent sound system.

Mileage

Great
By Bob

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 2001 EB Expedition used in 2003, and it had about 20,000 miles on it at the time. Since then we replaced the impossible to balance Goodyear tires with Coopers (like Michelins, only cheaper), and the smooth ride increased 100%. In four years, the only issues we had were; the leveling system went out in the rear, and was fixed under warranty, and the backup sensors don't work from time to time. (They just beep continuously when in reverse) My wife's only complaint is that it drives like a truck (because it IS a truck) and gas mileage only averages about 14 mpg. but hey, you don't buy this car for the gas mileage.

Auto air, sunroof, leather seats, captains chairs in back seat instead of bench seats, safe and comfortable highway ride.

Better gas mileage.

Ford Expedition
By Carla

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love everything about this truck except the gas mileage. It is a good family vehicle took 2 adults and 4 kids on a 600 mile trip with pleanty of room. Very reliable, can't complain about the way it handles on the hwy. I really enjoy driving this vehicle. It had 50,000 miles on it when I bought it 1 1/2 years ago now has 89,000 have had very little maint. had to replace 2 spark plugs and 2 coils and the brake pads. Too bad it doesn't do a little better on gas mileage.

Lether seats, sy clean up with kids. 6 disk cd changer. Ability to seat 8

Only one--better gas mileage!

CliFORD, the big red truck.
By RRB

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this with 47K and now slightly over 2 years later have 110k on it. I kind of have a love hate relationship with this vehicle but the love always wins. It has the 5.8 V8 & AWD and gets lousy mileage, averaging 12.8 with the best being 17 if you are on the highway all day. It is good looking, comfortable to drive, solid as a rock, will go anywhere and every time I look at it I still like it. The negatives are the goofy computer that runs the personal settings for the mirrors and seats which work one day and not the next. The power windows are noisy and there is wind noise from the moonroof. One set of brakes, one tune up and now on the third set of tires since new.

Looks better than the new ones, very comfortable, drives great.

Make the computer that works the seats & mirrors actually work! A little more power and less wind noise.

I'm Impressed
By DebraLynn

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My husband and I love this SUV. It drives so easy and I'm short. I'm able to handle it okay. My 7 year old loves the room it has. With all the bells and whistles it's a dream to own.

The automatic side window opening. The seat memory and the headphone jacks in the back. All the cup holders and the CD and cassette. I still have cassettes.

I'd like to see built in handles in the third seat so that I can hang my grocery bags on them. Keeps groceries from rolling around.