2001 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
I'm happy
By Drew22 on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I didn't think I would be getting this vehicle when I started shopping. When I got into it I was impressed. It does lack some power. The comfort on the highway makes up for it.

owner
By Ramirez Daniel on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is in great performance and runs real good. Its 4x4 And has power.

Go on an expedition to the repair shop
By HATEUFORD on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Well hate doesn't accurately depict the way I feel about this vehicle. As soon as we hit 60K everything went to hell. Had to get a new engine, new suspension, new gaskets, radio doesn't like up, CD player doesn't work, had to replace the suspension. Passanger side air bag failure light is on. Being a stay at home mom who drives it to the store and for kids to school and then to see family on the weekends, I don't think we've been horrible to the car. It just is a horrible horrbible horrible car

expedition
By maryapple on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i have had this car for some time its not to bad.small BIGGER IS BETTER.little things break in the car like the handle. the gass needs to be better for trips .like from tampa to wesley chappel 10 times a week...

A good buy 60 thousand miles later
By johnnyshortpants on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 Expedition in March '01. We've had no problems whatsoever. We done the required maintenance through the dealer's garage, and that's it. It's been trouble free, and a great car. This was my first SUV, and first Ford, and I would buy Ford again as a result.

Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L 4WD
By jchill on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. Make sure you get the 5.4L, my brother-in-law has the same truck with the 4.6L and there's a big difference. Yes its a gas hog, but you should know that when you buy one and just accept it. Its comfortable, especially for trips with the dogs and family. Watch your speed cause this truck will move. I would purchase it all over again. No problems with it at all. Fits into our garage with room to spare.

Great SUV
By StephenEB on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned this SUV since new and am very happy with it. It has the "No Boundaries" package and is equipped with the 4.6L V8. It is a little under- powered but if driven carefully it has pretty good (almost 20mpg avg) fuel economy considering its size/weight. I plan on keeping it for many years and so far it's been trouble-free.

Mine was a LEMON!!!
By Mine was crap! on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My EXPLODITION was in the shop for 28 days in one year. The dealer was of know help in getting it purchased back through the lemon law. They are programmed by FORD to do everything possible not to take these vehicles back. If you want to return it you have to get a lawyer.

Two problems in three years. Not bad!
By RickC5 on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our 2001 Expy almost three years since we bought it new. Only two problems have come up and both were fixed under warranty at a recent visit to the dealer. 1) Rear wiper stopped functioning. FIX: dealer replaced wiper motor. 2) Loss of power when very hot outside. FIX: dealer had an upgraded engine computer chip that seems to have fixed the problem. Our only major complaint: awful gas mileage, usually 13-14 mpg. Goes with the territory for such a behemoth, but poor nonetheless.

Highly recommended
By ackjas on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great car... Exceptional tow vehicle... and overall great purchase.