2001 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Awesome SUV
By Dallas B. on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have not had any major problems with my Expy. It was involved in a transmission, tire and seatbelt recall (but I never experienced any problem) and put in the shop once for sudden race of the engine while idling. They replaced a filter and the problem was solved. I have the 5.4 liter and it has great power and the gas mileage is actually pretty good for an SUV.

Love it, but worried about longevity...
By Margaret B. on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

29K miles, 1 mo. in shop. Drivers side door rattle from day one. Replaced panel & window track but rattle is back & pass. side has same problem. Steering's very tricky & there's a clunk/pop from underneath car when turning steering wheel. Replaced 2 steering shafts, pump & gear, still having problems. Car idles rough. #8 injector went bad & was replaced along with coil boots. Has died several times, wouldn't start & had to be towed. Poor mileage, maybe related to rough idling & injector problems? Feel safe in it overall, but seems like Ford could have made mine better!

Looked at many Large SUV's
By pushka21 on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the 2001 XLT used. The ride is fantastic and I got the 9 passenger with the front bench seat.

2001 ford xlt expedition
By dlenhart on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle in Oklahoma when we both had good paying jobs. We moved to Montana where good paying jobs are a joke. We are stretching money to continue to make payment on this vehicle as we really like it, but we don't know how long we will be able to afford it. Sure hate to trade or sell it. It has driven through ice, snow, fields, and mud since moving to this beautiful state, if you know what I mean. It is not 4WD, but handle itself like with feed bags in the back.

Nice SUV
By Greg G on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For the price I think this truck was a deal considering all the interior space that you get. I could not find any other trucks in this price range that had this much room. I looked at the Tahoes but they were thousands more and they appeared to have less room.

ford expedition
By gmf on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Best car I have ever owned. 2nd Expedition. Plenty of room for 5 and can carry 4 sets of golf clubs and still have room.

Built Ford Tough!
By gdub on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Overall Ford has come out with a great SUV. Make sure you opt on the 5.4 liter as the 4.6 is underpowered.

bemouth
By pmc on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

20 mpg on highway was an unexpected bonus (2wd, standard v8). Leather is worth the extra cost.