2001 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Great Truck
By tom431 on 04/29/14 12:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The menu did not allow you to select 5.4 l. I purchased with 21k miles and have loved this for over the road trips. I pulled an 8500 lb boat from Wash DC to Key West no problem. At 110k I replaced plugs and three coils not sweat. I did have to have the ball joints and universal replaced at around 100k. She still runs great. Recently got 17 mpg on a trip from Pittsburg Pa to Panama City fl 70+ mph. It now has 153k miles and I have no intention of ever getting rid of it. Have run synthetic oil since purchase and have the transmission serviced on a 40k schedule. Lucas transmission additive makes it shift smooth. Lucas fuel additive keeps the injectors clean.

Best Used Truck I Ever Bought
By ac14 on 01/27/14 17:52 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ok, I didn't buy my Ford Expedition new. I purchased it used with 24k miles. It is now 2014 and the truck has just crossed 305k. It has been by far the BEST Vehicle I have ever owned. With the exception of normal maintenance and one fuel pump that died at 245K - The truck has always done the job. It has the original transmission and engine. It has traveled From Florida to Texas, up the entire East Coast and with any luck last until 350K. It will be a sad day when it finally dies

best suv ever
By ashton3002 on 09/29/12 13:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i have owned this awesome SUV since 2001 i bought it with 20,000 miles on it..i have had it since July of 01 and i absouloutley love it..i use about 1/8 of a tank everyday that's why i don't drive it all the time this is the most reliable and safest SUV on the road..i hit a deer 5 months after i bought it it barley even dented the car.. the only thing i have ever replaced besides regular things are ball joints and tie rods and the battery like 3 or 4 times but i know the reason that is..i have amps and tv's and all that good stuff and that's what was messing with my battery..other than that its been super reliable and its super comfortable!!! its a 5.4L v8 XLT

Eleven Years Old and Going Strong!!
By robintexas on 08/20/12 19:50 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Eddie Bauer 4x4 Expedition brand new in 2001 and have owned it since. I have driven it almost every day in the past eleven years and I keep it regularly serviced. It's paid me back in spades -- I have 287,000 miles on it and it's going strong! I keep telling the local Ford dealership, they should feature this beast in a commercial. It looks like new inside and the only signs of age on the outside is the fact that the bright red paint is a bit faded on the body, but actually a "pink" color on the mirrors. Original gas engine is strong. Still pulling horse trailers and piling the miles on. This truck has been so trustworthy. When she needs a new engine, I'll be there! :)

Joy, Pleasure,Work,Vacation,Towing,Kids
By 01fordeb on 02/13/11 07:57 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

190,000 miles and still rolling. Maybe $1000 worth of repairs since new. A great ride. Would definitely by another but not until this one has seen it's day.

Best SUV I`ve ever owned!
By BEST SUV EVER OWNED! on 08/05/10 08:03 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new with 15 miles on it.Ever since I bought this car I have loved it! Its very roomy and comfortable. My family and I are always taking trips from Arizona to California and not once it has broken down. There have been no major mechanical issues. Today I have 210K miles on it and still runs great! I recommended this car to everyone!

Refined Workhorse
By CG on 07/11/10 13:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our Expedition new in 01 and have been very pleased with the reliability and comfort of this vehicle. It now has 140k and still rides very smooth and feels wonderful. It has been very reliable with regular maintenance performed. My wife has abused this car with three kids and "Eddie" (nickname my kids gave it) has responded with remarkable resiliency. A real feather in ford's cap. I will be buying the 01-03 F150 with the same engine (5.4 liter Triton V8) in a few years after I retire. Eddie has been an extremely reliable vehicle who acts like he wants to run another 100k easy. I will be giving him a tune up soon replacing all the plugs and wires. Well deserved!

Unbelievable!!!
By rb on 05/06/10 08:36 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this SUV new in Feb 01. It has nearly 200,000 miles and has been nearly flawless. Replaced 2 coils and a cruise control switch which came to a few hundrerd bucks. Otherwise, just standard maintenance. It rides super smooth, has great handling and acceleration,(4.6L) and has nice features throughout. I never dreamed this truck would last this long without major repairs. Ford got this one right!

Best of Both Worlds
By Tony on 05/03/10 12:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this used with 11K miles on it and just rolled 100K this weekend pulling a boat to Lake Powell, 600 mile each way. I use this more as a truck than anything else and what a great purchase this has been. It has been great for hauling the family as far as comfort but I'm very impressed with the way it pulls our 22' ski boat. If you take care of it and do the regular maint you can't wear it out. You cant beat it for comfort or workability. The paint still looks great and the leather is still in great shape. I have no plans to sell this anytime soon, there just isn't anything out there that I like any better.

Best suv for the money
By bigdaddy on 04/21/10 20:38 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck due to our large family,has made several trips between New Mexico and Illinois without a whisper of trouble.The truck is beautiful and stylish, it has the 5.4 liter engine with the big trans for towing,have done nothing but maintenance on it. We had the left rear tire blowout on the highway at 75 mph, slowed down with no issues in handling whatsoever.This is a great truck!