2000 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: Not many fixes over 10 years

2000 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Review

Not many fixes over 10 years
By mgarrett30 on

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Got my '00 Expedition in '01 and have not been upset with it. I have not had a payment on my SUV in over 5 years and have put very little money into it at this point. My wife and I keep talking about needing a new suv and have balked each time that it comes down to it. After not having a payment in 5 years and putting very little money into the truck, it is very difficult to justify the $550 for a new payment. Each time the tires wear down I keep telling my self that it is going to die and why put the money into it. Then winter comes and the tires outlast the car once again. The one thing that I have had to replace at this point are the coils, 4@$200ea. MPG are not good at 10-13 avg.

Maintenance has been next to nothing i have had before. Have put money into 4coils, 1 fuel pump a few sets of breaks (it is quite heavy)3-4 sets of tires. I could not have wished for a better maintenence record. The money that I have saved has gone into my sons college fund.

suggested break pads to cut down on the dust on the front wheels. Plusher interior. Greater trade in value.