Great truck...Terrible engine
By J on
2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD
I bought this car from a friend, knowing it had some problems, a few interior lights didn't work, a couple scratches, but nothing major. They owned it for 8 years and it was great for them. I got it and it was fine for a month. A few days past a month and the #3 spark plug blew when I started the engine. I had to have it towed and serviced which cost me $574.67. Then the mechanic told me if I had to floor it or accel quick for some reason it was very likley it could happen again. Im getting rid of it before anything else goes. It rides great, 4wd is great, and so is ground clearence. I went offroad once and it did fine in 2wd. Gas mileage is 10-12. I would recommend it, but only the 4.6l v8.
Favorite Features
The power and performance, if (the big if) using it wasn't risking destroying the car. The seats are extremely comfortable and the room.
Suggested Improvements
Get a whole new engine. Turbocharge or supercharge the 4.6L V8. At least that engine isn't shooting out spark plugs.
By masterhacker
on 05/18/11 05:41 AM (PDT)

The reason they shoot out is because they were over tightened, use a torque wrench