2000 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: FirstANDLast

2000 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Review

FirstANDLast
By 1FamilyMan on

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This was the first Ford product I've ever purchased. The perverbial crap hit the fan soon after leaving the dealer. I was told and have read how Ford engineers had a winner with the Expedition. Great pachage I admit. But, when your wife and kids are stuck in a broken down vehicle...blood pressure boils! It's the call you didn't expect after buying a "quality" vehicle for the wife and family. Yes, we were warned of the safety trips...the problem was more severe. After 1 week, the damn truck had to be towed!!!! To the dealer it went for a new alternator. Covered by warranty, but not excusable for the money spent. You want to buy a Ford...be warned!

Towing capability. Good driving in any weather. Almost too good...remember women, it's a truck. Respect that.

I'm an engineer and understand reliability in design. So I chaulked this one up to "Murphey's Law". Then it happened again at 4 and 28 months. Perhaps it's a lemon? Now I'm second guessing whether to let the family drive it. Please learn quality engineering.