A good SUV
By DS on
2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV
The Expedition is a great truck for traveling with the family. The gas mileage makes it an expensive daily commuter. The major problems I have had with this truck are blown spark plugs and the emergency brake. So far I have repaired three spark plugs and replaced three coil packs. Two in my driveway and one in the Appellation Mountains behind a parts store. All repairs where with the Helicoil save a thread kit 5334-14 and a little quick set hi temp lock tight. It takes about an hour for the repair and $40. So far I have about 30K to 40K on the repairs. The emergency brake repair parts are a dealer item only and are sold as a complete kit. The other problems where from normal wear and tear.
Favorite Features
The interior, sound system, towing MPG is the same and normal running, its roomy, entry level off roading capabilities, easy to work on, and with the seats all the way forward you can haul a few 4 X 8 sheets of plywood.
Suggested Improvements
Ford should pay for the blown out spark plug repair and the heated seat elements ($300) should last longer.