2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
so far so good!
By angie martin on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

so far so good... I feel very safe in this car.. and people who hve ridden in it with feel safe... It feels solid..

Drew's Expedition
By Andrew Thompson on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a great truck. It's comfortable and reliable, and has been a great value for the money. I'm currently in the process of trading it for a new one - same truck!

Great SUV
By jhs on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Love It!!!!4.6 liter engine has great power and not bad on gas for it's size. I am a Realtor and it has plenty of room to fit the whole family. will buy again

80,000 problem free miles in 3 years.
By Murrieta on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This SUV has been a perfect vehicle for over 3 years. First new truck in over 35 years that has never been back to the dealer for any type of warranty work. The 5.4 L V-8 has plenty of pep, although gas mileage, averaging 16.2 overall could be better. With 4 captain chairs it is extremely comfortable, good climate control, and a pleasure to drive.

Good but unreliable - Really bad service
By BradMoore on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

This vehicle is a nice driving vehicle but my particular vehicle's transmission had problems at 35,000 miles. I took the car in to see if I could get it repaired but Ford said there were no problems. The transmission completely went out at 40,000 miles. Ford would only cover 80% of the costs even though the problem was first reported at 35,000 miles. If you are considering a Ford as a vehicle (which I made clear to Ford that I would never buy another vehicle from them), make sure you get the extended warranty because of the unreliability and service.

Poor Road Handling
By Robin Hood on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I have driven to mountain ski resorts and on major highways transporting college students and I am completely disappointed in the expedition's road performance. It sways badly when heavily loaded whether it is on the mountain road or the highway. The gas mileage is not as good as they predicted, it is much worse, even when I am not loaded down. I found my old caravan fit much more college furniture and dorm room items than the expedition. The only positive thing I can say about it is that the seats are incredibly comfortable, especially the front heated seats.

Great Car!
By SUV MOM on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Ever since we bought our 2000 Expedition XLT, it has been superb! It is a very smooth ride and does not wobble like our previous Explorer. There is lots of room and the 3rd row seat is a great feature. The car seems like it was built well and is a very sharp design outside. The inside design is very nice as well. Although, i would recommend leather seating because the cloth interior isn't as comfortable as the leather. Our previous Explorer was a really nice car, it had leather and a sunroof, and we sometimes miss the comfort in that car. The engine is also very soft and not loud. Overall it's an awesome car and i would recommend it to any SUV family.

FirstANDLast
By 1FamilyMan on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This was the first Ford product I've ever purchased. The perverbial crap hit the fan soon after leaving the dealer. I was told and have read how Ford engineers had a winner with the Expedition. Great pachage I admit. But, when your wife and kids are stuck in a broken down vehicle...blood pressure boils! It's the call you didn't expect after buying a "quality" vehicle for the wife and family. Yes, we were warned of the safety trips...the problem was more severe. After 1 week, the damn truck had to be towed!!!! To the dealer it went for a new alternator. Covered by warranty, but not excusable for the money spent. You want to buy a Ford...be warned!

Why I love it!
By Fred Flintsone on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

It's great for hauling around a lot of kids. I love sitting up high, because I have good visibility. The Eddie Bauer edition is the way to go.

2000 eb expedition
By k;kl; on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

overall a great experience, just wish it had a GMC engine